Chapter 21: Her (part I)

Chapter 21: Her

I woke up the next day to find Chris standing over me with a garment bag in his hands and a smile on his face. I look at the clock that read 10 am, I had a hair appointment at noon.

“I have to go get my hair done today,” I informed him.

He nodded then added, “This is your dress.”

I reached for the garment bag with excitement. I had to see what kind of dress he picked out. I laid the dress out on the bed and lift the plastic over it. A vintage laced cream dress was revealed to me. It looked slim fitting and short. The back was low cut just the way I like it.

“You like it?” Chris asked.

I turned to find him leaning on the bed post with his arms cross.

“It’s beautiful. Did you get shoes with it?” From the look he gave me I was guessing he forgot all about that. “Well I’m leaving out soon so I can go pick up some shoes, jewelry, and get my hair done.”

Chris nodded then left me to get ready for today’s events. I found myself overly excited for tonight’s festivities.

I was out the door by 11 and by the time I returned back to the house it was 7 at night. Finding shoes I like took longer than I thought and it took two hours for my hair dresser to finish my hair. Actually it only took about 45 minutes for her to wash and curl my hair but I had to wait for her to finish up her other clients. It took me about an hour and a half to shower and get dressed. By the time I walked down the stairs it was nine at night and the party started at eight thirty. Chris was already dressed in a black tux looking as handsome as the day I met him.

“Sorry it took me so long,” I said once I reached the last landing.

“You cool we on black people time anyway.” I laughed at him. “I’m serious people won’t show up until like eleven.” He winked at me causing me to blush. “The limo already outside so let’s go.”

“Limo?” I questioned.

“It’s free alcohol so I plan on drinking a lot so I’m not driving. Unless you want to drive?”

“I’m not driving,” I informed him as he helped me into my wool coat.

~~

When we arrived at the hotel where the party was being held it was around nine forty five. The party was being held in the ballroom, which was already packed with a bunch of people. People were already out on the dance floor dancing. The bar at the back had people crowding around it for drinks.

“I know all these people don’t work for y’all,” I asked Chris.

“This year we invited other firms to come and join us. We want to build connection and get our name out there,” Chris explain.

We both grabbed a drink from the waitress that was going around with wine.

“Let me introduce you to some people.” Chris didn’t even let me answer. He just grabbed my hand and ushered me over to a crowd.

He introduced me to some new people who work for them. I met Alexis, Logan’s date. Actually, I’ve heard of her but I never really was introduced to her. The girl has style. I was in love with her red backless dress. It fit her curves nicely. Her hair was pinned up showing off her high cheek bones and strong jaw line. She was no Tonya that’s for sure. Tonya was just simple. She looked like your average brown skin girl with medium length hair. The only thing that really stood out about Tonya was her bright hazel eyes. Alexis had an edge to her. Her light skin complexion was flawless and she looked like a girl who didn’t take crap from anyone.