Chapter 8: Her

Chapter 8: Her

There was nothing better than opening my eye’s to this beautiful man I adored. I had no clue what was going on but for some reason I knew everything would be okay because he was right there by my side. It was just like old times.

“What happened?” I asked.

My throat felt so tight. I felt like I hadn’t had a glass of water in months.

“I believe someone tried to kill you,” he answered lowly.

I was astonished. Who would want to kill me? I don’t even think Tonya would want to kill me even though I did kick her ass. I’m not a person who makes enemies wherever she goes. I’m not the nicest person either but still who would want to kill me? I can’t say I’ve offend someone or got an attitude with someone. I know I can have a bit of an attitude from time to time but was that enough to make someone want to kill me?

“Don’t worry about it. I’m getting you a body guard for protection and you can think of me as your personal guard too because I’m not leaving you side until we catch this person.”

After all I had done he was still here for me. Honestly, I’m glad he is.

Just as I was about to open my mouth two officers walked in, to question me about the incident. I couldn’t give them straight answers because I really couldn’t remember anything. I just remembered not breathing. I didn’t see anything and I couldn’t even remember sounds. The officers kept pushing their questions though. Finally I had enough and kicked them out of my room. How many times did they want me to tell them I don’t know? I wasn’t suddenly going to remember something. I kick them out nicely, I couldn’t afford anymore enemies.

As soon as the officers left Chris started questioning me like he was an officer. Like seriously. He was right there when I told the officers “I don’t know” to all of their questions.

“Is there anyone who would want to kill you?” I gave Chris skeptical look. He knew me better than I knew myself sometimes. “I mean like one of your cases.”

That was one thing I hadn’t gotten around to telling him. The fact that I took time off my job. I actually haven’t gone into work in about 5 months. I was/am an FBI profiler, the best profiler they’ve ever had but when I almost lost my life 6 months ago I told my supervisor that I needed a break. Every since we lost Renee I wasn’t the same anyway. I wasn’t putting in my best effort at work or in my marriage.

I was recently thinking about going back seems how I need a job. I was also thinking about opening a bar. I brought an empty warehouse about two months ago and I’ve been fixing it up. I forgot to tell him about that too. It’s just we haven’t really talked in about 7 or 8 months.

“Yea about that,” I said lowly. “I haven’t been to work in 5 months.”

“What the hell have your been doing then?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

He let out a deep breath. “You never do,” he said lowly but I still heard him. Before I could comment back he walked out and let all my other family and friends come see me. I really didn’t feel like talking to any of them. They talk and I daydreamed. My head was just not into reality lately.

The only person I talked to was Marie. I could tell she was extremely worried about. She had no color in her face and her hair looked like she hadn’t brushed it in a while.

“Don’t scary me like that ever again,” I nodded my head. “I’m sorry about lunch. I didn’t mean to hurt you in anyway. I would never do that intentionally,” Marie informed me in a hard toned.