The bus ride home

Marcelines POV

"OK, everyone get into pairs and work on the work on the board" our teacher said, sitting back on his comfy looking chair.

I look around and spot Finn and Bonnie partnering up. Then Fionna and Bubba. I sigh and turn to Marshall. He raises his eyebrows and sits next to me.  We both stare at the board as the teacher hands out the sheets, one each.

"This is easy" I exclaim, scribbling down the first three answers.

Marshall peered over my shoulder and copied my answers. I shook my head slightly and carried on.

"Hey, so do you have any pets?" he asked, trying to make a conversation.

"Yeah, you"

"No, but I'm considering a cat or dog" he says, eyeing my paper and writing down my answers. "You like music?"

"Yes, I play an axe bass, I thought you knew that" I say.

"Oh yeah" Marshall facepalms himself and I chuckle.

"You seem..... alright" I mutter, avoiding eye contact.

"You to, vampire queen" he winks at me then turns to the clock "Wow, fifteen more minutes, that went fast".

"Don't call me that" I said.

"OK" he stared around the class for a bit, looking like he was thinking of something. "Hey, its nearly Christmas, what do you plan to get?"

"Music. Instruments and books, why?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Ah, just curious" he smirked a little and looked at me with his amazing green eyes.

"Okay wierdo" I joke, nudging him.

"I just wanna get to know you. You seen nice" he gives me a weak smile then whispers "Plus, we're both vampires".

"I'm not a full vampire, Imma half demon as well" I say, smirking.

"Whatever, I was close" he tilts his head and gives me a cute look. "Three... two...one"

Suddenly, the bell rings. He jumps up from his chair and grabs my wrist. I start packing up my stuff. Then, he literally drags me to the bus stop. The others were already there, giving us odd looks. I just smiled innocently.

"How was your first day?" Finn asked, shoving his hands into his jeans pockets.

He was shivering slightly. Must be from P.E. He wore a blue and white striped hoodie with jeans and blue converse. His short blonde hair peeked out of his hood. His blue eyes went from me to Marshall, he let go of my wrist.

"Cool, thankfully I had an excuse for the homework in tech" he smirked "I just got to sit there and read because I couldn't do the practical".

"What book are you reading?" I asked.

"Gone" he replied, getting the book out. I had a plain black cover with the title 'Gone' written in jet black, outlined in a bright yellow. Underneath the title it said 'It's a world without adults and normal has crashed and burned'.  

"I've read gone. I'm on 'hunger' now" I smirked "I could spoil the whole book if ya like".

He shook his head quickly "No".

"OK, I'll tell you this" I hesitate "What bit are you on?"

Marshall points to the bus. We all get on, go to the back and get into our normal places. Then he says "I literally started like, two days ago".

"OK, let me just say: Caine is evil" I smile innocently at him.

"Wow you just, spoiled the whole book for me" he says sarcastically.

"And Lana survives" I put in.

"WHAT, HOW?" he asks, nearly shouting which earns him a few angry stares form other people.

I tap the side of my nose "Secret".

"Stop flirting you guys" Finn makes a strange gagging noise.

I death glare at him, showing my fangs. He quickly looks away. I open my bag and pull out 'hunger'. It's exactly like gone but with the colour orange instead of yellow. I wave the book in Marshalls face.

"The thing I love about this book is that someone dies in the first chapter" I smirk.

I open it up and read for the rest of the bus journey. Waving to Marshall, Fionna and Bubba as they walk off. Then I continue reading, smirking to myself. Finn pokes me.

"What" I say, putting my finger on the sentence I was on so I wouldn't loose it.

"You're crushing on the new guy! Oooooh snap" he said, giving me a goofy smile.

"Shut up before I hit you hard with this book" I say, narrowing my eyes at him. 

He shuts up. Good. I continue to read then get off at my stop. I open the door to be welcomed with the annoying bark of Schwabl.

"Do I have a crush?" I ask him.

He just barks and me then brings me a stick from the garden. I smile and throw it for him then walk inside. I sigh and collapse on the couch. I'm not sure what I feel at the moment....

Thanks for reading ppl. BTW 'gone' is like, one of my favourite books series. The first one is literally called gone. I'm on the second, The things Marcy says are true. I hope that I haven't spoiled the book for you. If I have, pls don't read on for I fear there will be more 'Gone' references in the future. And/or warrior cats c; THANK YOU :D

(Edited)