one day

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING.... I'VE BEEN MEANING TO GO BACK TO THIS BOOK BUT WRITERS BLOCK HAS STOPPED ME. ALSO, I PLAN TO CONTINUE THIS WITH MORE UPDATES. I PROBABLY WONT LEAVE THIS ACCOUNT UNTIL I'VE FINISHED. THE UPDATES WONT BE TOO OFTEN SINCE IM BACK AT SCHOOL. AND ONE MORE THING... ITS BEEN A YEAR SINCE I STARTED THIS AND IT HAS 23K READS AND NEARLY 1K VOTES!?!?!?

MARCELINES POV

I trudged slowly to school the next day. I didn't feel like taking the bus in fact, I felt kinda depressed. I knew only one person could live, me or my dad. Or, even if we stayed here, he would've came up and destroyed the surface as well as ruling the Nightopshere. I shrugged my schoolbag up my shoulder and stared at my feet the whole way.

I looked up to see the bus stopping next to me. Looking around, I saw marshall with the bus driver who looked slightly annoyed. I smirked at him and followed marshall to our usual seats.

"I saw you walking and had to stop the bus" he kissed my forehead and sat me down next to him.

"I was fine walking, marshall" I rolled my eyes at him.

The others stared at me as if i was crazy. I shrugged at them and gave them a fake smile.

"Only one day left" I hissed at him.

He froze for a second then nodded.

"OK, can we just have a normal school day" he rest his hand on mine "we can sort this out after".

"fine,fine" I squeezed his hand and gave him another fake smile.

As we arrived at school, we went straight to form since when marshall went to stop the bus, he wasted about 10 minutes trying to convince the bus driver which had made us late. The bell rang as we stepped into our form room. Sighing with relief, we went to our seats to read our books as the register was taken.

Our first lesson was science, Chemistry to be exact. We were on a table with Bubblegum, finn and fionna since gumball had moved to the popular table. I don't know how he did it, he was hated by the popular kids ever since he first arrived. He probably bribed them, I'm pretty sure he had more money than the average person.

The class started and we all settled down. Our teacher talked for a bit, handing out the books and making us copy down three large paragraphs. Then we were put to work doing a practical.

"Marceline, you get that" bubblgum pointed to the first thing on the list of equipment.

I nodded and jogged to the trays of equipment set out on our teachers front desk and picked up a bottle of the special acid. I brought it back and stepped away to let bubblegum set up the rest of the stuff.

Marshall stepped beside me and gave me a small smile. I returned it but turned back to face this experiment after I heard a faint explosion.

"You two, stop standing around and grab your books" bubblegums eyes widened "go record what just happened".

I did what she said and scribbled down a short paragraph in the table we quickly drew up. The others copied down what I put.
Another twenty minutes passed and we packed away and shared results with the class.

The next lesson went fast and soon enough it was break. I breathed in the air and exhaled loudly. Everyone could see the anxiety and stress in my expression but didn't say anything.

Marshall kept wrapping his arms around me with his usual cocky smirk, trying to lighten my mood. Finn and Fionna were messing around, throwing empty cardboard juice cartons at each other. I caught a bright red one and sucked the colour out of it, throwing it at marshalls back. He spun around, grinning and picked up the partly squashed carton.

"Really?" He chuckled, aiming for me.

I braced myself and ducked as it came hurtling and hit the wall behind me. I could hear happy laughter from around me as I stood back up.

We had a small battle before the bell sent off and we went to class soaked in juice and sweat.

Sorry this is kinda short but thanks for the long wait. I'm gonna reread some old chapters and it'd be cool if you guys could come up with ideas for future/ending chapters and new books I could write ♥♥♥

(Edited)