Long lost best friend

Marshalls POV

Relief flooded through me as the bell rang. We just had a freakin' hour of telling people vampires don't exist. I was so tempted to just stand up and show them they're wrong but I knew Marceline would kill me. No, her dad will kill me. We all got up from our seats and went to our meeting place. Marcy was texting her dad or something.

"Marceline, wanna get some food, I'm starving" I rub my belly to emphasise what I just said. 

"Wait until the others come" she said as her phone buzzed in her hand. She unlocked it and looked at the small paragraph of text in front of her.

I think her old childhood friend was here, we just had to find her. Then Marcy would forget about the whole Simon thing... Unless her friend asked her which would be highly likely. Oops, should've thought of that. Damn, this is gonna make her even more upset. I checked my timetable, we had art next. I remember seeing a suspicious looking brown long haired person who fitted Marcy's description perfectly. And, she was on the end of our table. She sometimes stared at Marceline, her eyes clouded with recognition. I guess she didn't realise this was her best friend 996 years ago.

"Marshall, stop daydreaming" Finn poked me and whispered only loud enough for me to hear "You thinking 'bout Marcy?"

I blushed a bit and shook my head. "I'm hungry" I simply say.

He nods and we all start walking towards the canteen. We all walk in silence until we get to the line. It wasn't that big but I estimated we had to wait about five to ten minutes. I spotted an apple in the fruit basket. My stomach gurgled at the sight. Marceline laughed at the noise it made. I gave her an innocent look and walked forwards.

"You not getting anything?" I ask Marceline.

"Nah, I'm not hungry" she turns towards our usual table where Finn was calling her name.

I spot the girl in our art class look up. He blue eyes were locked on Marceline. He pale face wasn't human-like. She was a vampire. He brown fringe covered her eyes as she got up and hefted her bag up her shoulder. She moved towards the table next to us, sitting down with what looked like her friend. Her gaze kept going from the blonde girl opposite her, to Marcy. Once the queue had vanished, I bought the apple then sucked the colour out of it as I hid behind my bag, pretending to put my money away. I place the apple inside my bag, planning to ambush Gumball with it later. Then, I slide to the seat next to Marceline.

"Hey Marcy, I have a plan to ambush Gumwad" I whisper.

"Really, what is it?" she asks way to excitedly.

"We get some apples, suck the colour out of it and throw them at him" I smirk.

"Genius" Marceline raises her hand for a high-five.

I slap my hand on hers and she rubs it in sudden pain. I look towards the girl. She was looking at Marceline with wide blue eyes and probably mentally facepalming herself for not recognising her earlier. Well, from what I heard, seven-year-old Marcy looked a lot different so I can't blame her. 

"I know, I am" I gloat, leaning back against my chair and raising my eyebrows.

"Guys!" Finn waved his hand in front of our faces "Wanna come and watch a movie?"

"When?" Marceline asked, checking her phone for the millionth time. 

"Tomorrow after school, its Friday so why not?" he answers. "You in, Marceline?"

"If you're buying" she said cockily, obviously joking.

"Of course M'lady" Finn says sarcastically.

"I'll come and I may as well bring money" I shrug "What movie are we watching?"

"Either 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' or 'Catching Fire'" he checked the movies on his phone.

"Catching Fire is so old, I vote 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' who agrees?" I say loudly.

Everyone raises their hands. Marceline raises two and waves them around sarcastically. I laughed and grab her wrist. She blushes and gives me a little smile. Butterflies soar on my stomach. Oh man, I really did fall for the vampire queen. I'll be her Vampire king. I smirk at the nickname. I would be her king.

The girl had vanished and I turned to Marceline and turned my features to serious.

"Marceline you know that girl sitting there?" I ask, pointing to where she sat, staring with wide blue eyes at us.

She nodded, tilting her head slightly. That gave me more butterflies. I held my stomach and blushed. I cleared my throat and went on "Well, I think she was your long lost best friend".

"She does look a bit like Indi" Marceline nodded "But I can't be sure, we were seven".

"When she heard your name, I could see the pain and recognition flash in her eyes" I exclaim.

"Then we shall find out next lesson" Marceline said,not really taking this seriously.

I nod and stand up. I follow the others towards our hangout. I look behind me and realise Marceline had vanished. Probably looking for Indi. I shrugged and talked to Fionna.

"Why was Bubba looking really guilty and Marceline was nearly in tears?" she asked innocently.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out" I tap the side of my nose and wink at her "If she decides to tell you".

"Why?" she said.

"Because, it's personal to Marcy and it basically ruined her childhood" I say impatiently.

"How old is she?" Fionna blurted out.

"One thousand and..." I counted on my fingers "three".

"One thousand and three! Woah!" Fionna yelled.

I chuckle and look around. I spy Marceline leaning against the far wall, staring shyly at her shoes. Indi was near  her, doing the same, I could tell that it was incredibly awkward. I sighed and resisted the urge to stride up to them and push them together and force them to chat. What can I say, I am a good friend. All I wanted was to see Marceline happy. And what better than to reunite her with her long lost best friend!

Two updates in one day. That's my sorry for not updating for like, two days? Idek. Well, its the weekend so I'm going to try and update maybe two more times. Thank you for nearly 100 votes. I know, lets make it 100, eh? And nearly 600 reads, I never thought it would be this popular. I should go, I might start writing the next chapter but I only have about 13 more minutes... Bai! ;D

(Edited)