Chapter Forty Three.

Check out the amazing trailer on the side that my sister made! >>>>>>

Dakota Aniston

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We didn’t say anything for a while.

Suddenly, Elijah was right in front of me, gazing down at me. “Say something.” He urged.

I shake my head, pinching the bridge of my nose. “Elijah, do you even know what you’re saying?”

He scoffed, the sound bitter. “Don’t talk to me like I’m a moron, Dakota. I know exactly what I’m saying.”

I felt like crying. My head was screaming at me and my heart was dying in my chest. Looking up slowly, I met his eyes. “Do you really mean it?”

Elijah didn’t answer, instead arms came around me before swooping me up. I easily fell into him, my body curling delicately into his chest.

I felt his smile more than I saw it. His mouth pressed into my shoulder and took on an amused, sensual curve against my skin.

For a while we just stood there, embraced together. His arms felt like steel around me, strong and sturdy and I let myself slip into the comfort and warmth of him. I took what he was willing to give and I hated myself for it.

His face was in my hair. And I knew I shouldn’t have been doing this. I should be pushing him away and letting him go like I promised myself I would. I should be protecting my heart, but I didn’t have the will to pull away. Pulling away felt wrong. Something was telling me this is exactly where I belonged.  

After what seemed like an eternity, he pulled back and just stared. My heart fluttered in my chest.

I knew I should have felt vulnerable in nothing but my towel and wet hair, but I didn’t. His eyes ravaged me and it made me feel like jelly. My body turned to silk and heat streamed through me as fast as a fire.

I went to say something, but before I could, Elijah leaned in and swept a hot kiss to my opened mouth.

I froze.

And then I melted.

It was just like before. My world was turned upside down and I felt as though my skin was ripping open, my insides turning to rubbish. My whole body was humming, leaving my core thumping feverishly and devilishly, betraying me.

The sparks were still there, going off everywhere, staring from my belly and spreading everywhere. All because of his kiss.

He pulled back and met my eyes, which were wide as ovals. “Dakota,” He started to say, but before he could finish, my hands were on his shoulders and I was kissing him.

He responded eagerly. His hands slipped under my towel and around my thighs, pulling me up and letting my legs slip around his waist. His mouth was hard on mine and he kissed me lavishly.

His kisses were so demanding and desirous, it made my head dizzy. Blood rushed quickly and urgently through my body, leaving my skin flushed and hot.

I made a chocking sound in the back of my throat, my hands slipping into Elijah’s hair, desperately grasping the soft strands.

I knew this wasn’t supposed to be happening and I was supposed to be pushing him away and forgetting all about him, but I couldn’t. His kisses were doing more than just driving me crazy, they were driving me insane. I felt as though I was outside of my body, every touch magnified.

I missed the feeling of being this close to him. These past weeks have been torture without feeling him and now I couldn’t stop it. All my pent up feelings and frustration were being put into this kiss.