Prologue

A/N: Okay guys, this is just a spinoff of my fan-fiction 'Yet Another Cullen/Black".

I want to finally write about some babies, but can't since...well, there aren't any babies. So, let me paint a little scene for you.

Let's say one of the Volturi guards had the ability to change matter and reverse age. And let's say he made some of the Cullen's into little babies, while others were spared, okay?

Just bare with me, will you? I want a dose of cuteness!

Here's a recap, just in case you haven't read my fanfic.

Nessie and Jake are happily married and already have a son, Henry Black. Henry is a half werewolf, quarter human, quarter vampire hybrid. Henry is also a mirror; meaning he can use the abilities of the vampires around him, so long as he knows what the ability is. Pretty handy, huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Henry's POV)

"Do you smell that?" Edward asks suddenly. My head whips up and I take a gentle sniff. He's right...honey, lilacs, lavender...a vampire!

"Who is it?" I don't recognise the scent, but maybe he does.

Edward just shakes his head, and dashes out the front door. I run after him, catching up easily. I can hear the rest of my family following me. I don't need to read Edward's mind to know what he's thinking.

Carlisle, Rose, Esme and Alice are in the forest too, hunting. Do they know about the vampire? Are they okay?!

The thought of anyone hurting my family fuels me faster. I overtake Edward and take the lead. The smell seems to be coming from that bloody clearing! (A/N: Bloody not because of actual blood. It's just that a lot of drama has happened in the clearing. Read my fan-fic to find out)

I break through the clearing at spear point. The smell is overpowering at this point. Though I'm part vampire myself, the werewolf side of me is kind of repulsed by the heady perfume of a vampire.

In the clearing; a lone figure stands. He's wearing a long dark cloak, almost a black, and has a menacing grin on his face. I automatically shift into a crouch. Whoever he is, he's part of the Volturi. No way I'd underestimate a Volturi. They are part of the guard because of their abilities.

"What do you want?!" I snarl, my teeth clenched.

As I finish my snarl, the rest of my family enter the clearing, all in their crouches.

"What have you done to the others?!" Edward snarls, his posture shadowing mine.

"You mean Carlisle and the beautiful ladies?" the vampire taunts in his high tenor voice, smirking widely. I hear Bellla's sharp intake of breath behind me. I keep my eye on the vampire.

"What have you done Afton?" Edward whispers, concentrating on Afton's thoughts. I mirror Edward, and tune in on Afton's head.

'Can't you smell the smoke?' Afton taunts in his head. I automatically begin sniffing the air. I don't smell the smoke...could he have killed of Carlisle, Esme, Rose and Alice? No way he could have destroyed the four of them single-handedly. But...what if he isn't alone?

I whirl around, looking for Afton's accomplishes. Its suicide to come after my family alone...not even a Volturi guard could be so arrogant!

"Henry! Focus!" Jasper snarls at me, his eyes locked on Afton.

"He can't be alone! No one would be so stupid!" I whisper back.

'So, young one, you can hear my thoughts too? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. With such a talented family, there's no way you wouldn't be amazing yourself' Afton muses in his head. I ignore him. He's trying to distract me.