Chapter Thirty-Two: First Dates & Surprising News

"Thanks Lace for the soup." I say as I sit down on my couch with her. I had been sick for the last few days and she had been taking care of me.

"No problem." she said as she plopped down next to me.

"No really thank you Lacey, especially with everything you have going on-"

"It's fine really Lily." she says and smiles weakly at me. Last week Lacey had discovered that she had lost her baby and it hit her pretty hard. I had taken care and been with her all through that. "But you look awful Lily." she says and laughs.

"I feel awful." I tell her. I had thrown up so much within these last few days and I could barely keep anything down. I was about to say something but my phone started ringing. "It's Harry, again." I say and groan.

"Come on Lils don't you think you should talk to him? It's been what 2 months since you've guys last seen each other."

"2 and a half months actually." I say referring to the day Harry and I had met for coffee. "And I don't see what he wants to talk about really I mean he's the one who left all pissed off." I say.

"Maybe he's apologizing. If you answer you'll find out." She says. She's right actually. I sigh and pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I mumble into the phone.

"Lilianna-I hi." He says sounding really nervous.

"What's up?" I ask and sit up on the couch.

"I want to take you out to dinner-as out first real date." He says and I can tell he's smiling.

"Harry." I begin to say. He seems so different, like a whole new person since we last saw each other.

"Tomorrow night?" He asks.

"No. I start work the next day. Plus I'm really sick and you have a girlfriend Harry."

"We broke up." he tells me.

"Well I am sorry to hear that." I tell him. "But still it's going to be a no."

"Why Lilianna?" Not wanting to carry the conversation out any longer I hung up and turn to Lacey.

"Why don't you want to go out with him?" She asks me.

"I don't want to go down that path again." I tell her. She nods understating.

-

My first day at work was wonderful. Teaching fourth graders was fun and exciting. They had so much energy and they were always happy, which is everything I need in my life right now.

I was driving from work to the doctors. I was still sick and I was going to see what was up hopefully it wasn't anything too serious.

-

"Hello Ms. Williams I am Dr. Adams." The young handsome doctor says smiling as he walks in.

"Nice to meet you." I smile at him. "You are so young and you are already a doctor." I say and smiles he laughs out loud tilting his head back.

"Is 32 young?" He asks and I nod my head smiling at him. "Well I guess I'm young." He says and laughs.

"Alright so what's been up Ms. Williams?"

"Well, I've been really sick lately, lots of throwing up, headaches and dizziness." I tell him and he writes everything down.

"Alright well lie down and I'm going to draw some blood and take it to the lab, I'll be back in 15 minutes with the results of that." He says and draws the blood from my arm. "You probably have the flu or some kind of virus, but I'll get this tested and tell you your results and get you the right medication." He says and smiles walking out the room.