Chapter Twenty: Daddy's Surprise

I sit in my room, later that same night, frustrated with myself. How could I be so stupid and let Zayn kiss me like that?

I go to my balcony and sit in one of the chairs I have out there, pulling a cigarette out of my secret hiding spot out there. I didn't smoke often, only when I really needed to blow off steam. Tonight was perfect.

I grab the lighter and light the end of it. I inhale deeply then exhale through my nose enjoying the feeling it gave me. I closed my eyes as I brought my knees to my chest. I take another breath and puff the smoke out into the air.

"I didn't know you smoked?" I jumped slightly at the startling voice.

"There's a lot you don't know about me." I mumbled back as puffed out more smoke. I accidently puffed in his direction and he coughed slightly. "Sorry." I mumbled and he shook his head as if he were to say 'its ok'.

"I only smoke when I need to blow off steam." I say.

"Look Lily I'm sorry about earlier."

"It's fine." I said puffing out smoke into the other direction away from him.

"Seriously Lily, I am truly sorry. I had to clear my head it was too much." he says.

I look over at him and raise an eyebrow. He stares back, his green eyes looking into mine. I light the cigarette out. "I said it was fine Harry."

"You don't seem fine."

"I'm just tired." I reply as I walk into my room. Quickly shutting my bedroom door so my parents didn't hear or see him. I walked to my bathroom and I brushed my teeth. I walked back out and saw Harry sitting on my bed.

"Do you want to cuddle?" I ask with a sly smile on my lips. He smirks and looks at me licking his lips.

"Hell yes I do." he says and I walk over to my bed and lay down, Harry coming beside me as our bodies mold together. "I can't stay for much longer, I have to prepare for school."

"Yeah I think I'll stay home tomorrow." I said as I yawned.

"Why?" he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, not really knowing why. There was a knock at my door and I froze and looked at Harry. "Lilianna, open the door so we can speak." he said and I groaned.

"Get in my closet." I whispered quietly to him. He does so, walking toward my closet. "Come in." I said straightening up in my bed.

"Hello."

"Hi dad." I mumbled.

"I have a surprise for you tomorrow night." he says and I raise my eyebrow, I hated surprises.

"Which is?" I asked.

"I'm arranging a dinner for tomorrow night. It's going to be a few teachers from your school, a few of my coworkers and a few of your mothers friends." he says.

"Why teachers from my school?" I ask.

"Because, my company is starting an organization in the English department and we want a few of your English teachers to try a few new teaching methods." he said and I nodded still confused as to where he was going with this.

"Which teachers?" I ask.

"Mr. Monroe, Mrs. Long, Miss Matts, and Mr. Styles." he says and I freeze. Great. I said. I didn't mind Harry but that stupid bitch.

"Maybe you could ask Mr. Styles tomorrow? I know you have him and he seems to like you?"

"Sure Dad." I say. "But what was the surprise?" I ask.