Chapter Thirty-One: New Homes & Coffee

"So this is a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment. It's perfect for settling down and starting a family. It also in a perfect location, it's more quite here, and downtown London is just a 20 minute drive away." she says and writes some things down.

I walk around the apartment, trying to get a feel of the place. This was the 7th location I have went too. Deciding that I liked this one the best and that this one was the most comfortable looking I turned to the realtor and said I would take it. She was finally happy that I had chose a location. 

I signed some papers and she handed my keys. I smiled and thanked her and she soon left. I sat on the couch and sighed, thankfully that this place came fully furnished, it was more expensive that way but it was worth it. 

I walk out, making sure to lock up behind me, deciding I should leave to go meet Harry for that coffee I had promised him. Surprisingly the coffee place was only 10 minutes away from my new place. Harry probably lived around in the area too. 

I pull up, and look at my phone scream noticing I was actually a few minutes late. I grab my bag and rush into the coffee shop seeing Harry sitting over in a booth in the back. He was looking at his phone. He didn't notice me come in until I slipped into the booth across from him. 

"Hey sorry I'm late I was doing some things at my new place." I told him and he nods smiling up at me, putting his phone on the table. 

"How are you?" he asked. 

"I'm doing really well Harry. And you?" I asked. 

"Stressed, really stressed." he says and sighs deeply. 

"What's up?" I ask. 

"I ordered you a coffee with milk and a vanilla shot. That's okay right?" he asked. I nod slowly. "So, I've been really streessed because my girlfriend wants me to find us a house before she has this baby and I don't know she's home all day while I'm at work I just don't see why she can't do it." 

A pang if jelously goes through me at the mention of Harry and his girlfriend, and the mention of him being a father too. "Well, um congradulations on having a kid soon. Harry thats incred-"

"Lily it isnt even my kid. It's her ex's kid." he says. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders hearing that. "His names Daniel, I honestly still think they are seeing each other still but she claims she's madly in love with me."

"Oh." was all I could muster out, not really knowing what else to say with his little rant. 

"But Lily, I didn't come to talk about them, or anything I came to talk about us, and our past and I really want to work some things out." he says and our coffees come. I immediately take a sip of mine. The coffee tase instanly calming me down. I stare at Harry waiting for him to continue to talk but he doesn't so I decide to start this conversation. 

"Well at least there is no restraining order." I say trying to light up the mood. Harry give me a 'please be serious' look and I try not to laugh.

"Lily what happened to us?" he asked quitely looking down at his hands. 

"Harry you knew what happened." I say a little too rudely. "I left." I tell him. 

"You never, ever answered my calls." he says. 

"I changed my number." I mumbled. 

He sighs. His face looking stressed and tired. "Look, I don't want to bicker with you, but answer this, why didn't you ever try? Did you not love me?"

"Harry.." I say, trying to figue out what I wanted to say first. "I did try, only twice.

~Flashbacks~