Chapter Six: The Idea Of 'Us'

"Be mine, be my girlfriend."

"Harry wh-what?" I say standing up and start pacing the room.

"Whoa Lily calm down, you don't have to if your not ready." he says coming up behind and putting his arm around my waist. I melt under his touch again.

"It's not that I don't want to, I just-I have a hard time trusting people, I just have a hard time with people." I tell him not bothering to turn around and face him.

"Lily you can trust me, I'm the good guy." he says slowly. I stand there and think for a minute, Harry was a good guy, but the whole 'love' thing, I thought I loved Conner but he used me like a trash can.

"Okay." I said turning around to face him.

"Okay?" he said a bit confused.

"I'll be your girlfriend." I say. Once those words left my mouth Harry's eyes widened and he smiled brightly and pulled me in a giant hug. He picked me up and spun me around. I started giggling when he set me down.

"I'm happy now." he says.

"Me too." I say. I wrap my arms around his neck and he smiled at me. "Kiss me." I whispered.

"Don't have to ask me twice." he said before his lips were on mine. I smiled into the kiss-I could actually get used to this. "Let's get you back home yeah?" he asked me and I nodded. He grabbed my hand and led me out his apartment and to his car.

"I had a great time tonight." I say. He looks over at me and smiles.

"Me too." he says and smiles. We were quite for a while and he starts to talk again. "Earlier I asked you if you had siblings." He said. "Do you?" he asked looking over at me from the corner of his eye.

"So did I miss anything important in class Friday after I left?" I asked, not really just wanted to avoid that question. I played with the end of my jacket and waited for him to answer me.

"Lily I asked you a question." he said.

"And I chose not to answer it." I snapped back.

"Why not? I told you about me why cant you tell me about you?" he asked.

"Look, I already told you things that I wouldn't normally tell people, you better be lucky I even told you something." I snapped. He didn't say anything he just gripped the steering wheel tighter causing his knuckles to turn white.

"God dammit Lily, why the fuck do you have to be difficult." he snapped back at me. He was almost screaming at me, I was actually a little bit scared, I never get scared.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I whispered quietly. Harry looked over at me and saw my facial expression and his eyes went wide. He pulled over on the side of the rode.

"God Lily, I'm sorry I- you just I don't know-you literally bring the worst out in me and I don't know how to control it."

"Harry, I-I'm not ready to tell you certain things about me, it's just hard please understand?" I ask. I avoided the 'you bring the worst out in me' I know I did. He brings the good out in me and I can't control that, I have never apologized like that before.

"I know, I'm sorry I shouldn't have yelled. Forgive me?" he said. I couldn't help but smile. He was so cute.

"Nope." I say teasing him. He gasped and put his hand on his chest and I laughed.

"Guess I will have to make it up to you." he winked. He started driving on the rode again and I smiled. I could get used to the idea of 'us'.

*