Chapter Ten: 21 or 17

"Alright class, take out your notes from your notes from yesterday please so we can get stared." I say to my class. Today was Thursday and it was going to be a rather boring class, I hadn't planned anything out because half of my class was gone due to a field trip with the science classes.

"Alright, I want you to re read over your notes that you took while reading this story. Once you re read over your notes I want you two write a summary describing the story and the characters feelings." I tell them, I earn the normal moans and groans. "Any questions before I send you off?" As I said that the class room door opened and all heads turned in that direction.

"S-sorry I'm late." Lily stuttered not meeting my eyes as she rushed to her seat. I was going to say something but the door opened once again, in came Conner with a smirk on his face.

"Mr. Halls your late." I say.

"Sorry." he says still smirking as he sat in his seat.

"I'd like to see the both of you after class today." I say directly to them, I look at Lily who still has yet to meet my eyes. "Anyways, any questions as to what your supposed to be doing?"

A girl in the back raises her hand and I nod. "How long do you want the summary to be?" she asked her voice high pitched.

"Good question, I would say around 5 paragraphs it mostly depends on the notes you took and how well written they are." I tell her and she nods. "Alright this is due at the end of the period, get started."

"Is there a reason why you were both late to my class today?" I ask Conner and Lily who are both sitting in desks in front of me.

"I-I had to go to my locker." Lily stutters out. I new right away she was lying and that there was something wrong. She never stutters, and she wasn't meeting my eyes.

"And for you Conner?"

"I was taking care of things." Conner says as he looks over at Lily. Lily stares at the desk in front of her. I notice something on her neck. A love bite? I hadn't given that to her? I had been extra careful ever since Monday. If Conner gave that to her I swe-

"Can we go now?" Lily interrupts my thoughts.

"What yeah, you can go. Conner you may leave in a few minutes for you know safety reasons." I say. Lily gathers her things and rushes out of her seat and out the door. I wait about five minutes before I let Conner go, hoping that Lily had already left the school.

*

Once I finish grading papers I'm finally heading home. I get home quickly and shut and lock the door once I get into my flat. It's dark when I enter, I walk in and hang my coat in the closet and walk into the living room and turn the light on.

"LILY? Jesus you scared me!" I say when I see Lily sitting on my couch. A small smile spreads across her lips.

"Sorry." she whispers quietly. She doesn't seem okay. I walk over to her and sit.

"You okay?" I ask her. She doesn't answer and I wrap my arms around her and her and she doesn't look at me. "Lily? Talk to me."

"You know I'm not a talker." she whispers.

"I don't care, talk to me." I said. She's quite and she plays with the bottom of my shirt. We sit in silence as I wait for her to talk.

"He touched me." she says after a few minutes. "He 'marked' me. Today in the hallway. I didn't want him to, and trust me I fought him off but, but he took me into the bathroom. I stopped him before he could do more." she says, her voice small and weak. I don't say anything, but I'm getting very angry, who does he think he is?