"Aurora, come sit." She shirps whislt motioning to the empty stool besides her. I nod my head an walk over to her.

"Hello." I sit down as I smile, gaining nothing but spiteful stares from them.

Did I do something wrong?

"You look really beautiful today, Aurora." Claire compliments me in attempt to break the ice. I immediately get embarassed and don't know what to say. "Oh, thank you. So do you." I reply, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "You always do, but today you're just glowing." She adds and I feel my cheeks heat up. I don't know how to handle compliments.

"I don't see what the fuss is about. Generic hair, generic face, generic body. She doesn't really stand out to me." The other maid giggles as she looks at me with disgust. I feel my face drop in a neutral expression. I know I'm not pretty, no matter how many times people compliment me, but I don't need to hear it out loud.

The other two maids giggle at her as she smirks at me, satisfied with my reaction.

"Janet, cut it out." Claire says, sending her a death glare.

"I-I'm sorry if I done something to you. I really don't know what I did to make you mad at me, but I hope we can be friends." I mutter lightly as she raises her brow.

"Sorry, but we don't befriend gold digging whores like you." She giggles and I frown. That was really hurtful. I don't think they know that I'm here by force and that I don't want anything to do with this place.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask her, my head bowed.

"Oh, look. Now she's acting innocent. Is this what you do? Is this how you lure men in? By this whole reserved shy girl act?" She scoffs and I screw my brows in a frown as I stare at her dumbfounded. I didn't lure anyone in. I'm a captive and I wish I can get out but I can't.

"You must have no respect for yourself." She giggles and I stand up from my stool, immediately walking out the door. I'm not going to sit down and listen to them insult me. I should've stood up to them but I'm weak. I hate that I'm like this, I hate that no one tought me to stand up for myself.

I walk in the bedroom and slump on the bed, letting out a sigh. I'll just sit here till 7 then I can start getting ready.

I hum to myself as I stare up at the ceiling. I'm thinking that I can escape tonight, wherever Tristan is taking me, there has to be somewhere I can sneak out to and get help.

I suddently heard a knock on the door then Claire comes in and shuts the door behind her.

She sits next to me with her hands on her lap. "Are you okay?" She mutters and I hum in response, propping myself to sit down.

"Don't mind Janet, Aurora. She's always been jealous." She cooes as she pats my shoulder.

"Why would she be jealous of me? I'm miserable here." I sigh, looking down at my dress and playing with the hem of it.

"Well, you see, she's always fancied Sir Tristan. She would go on and on about him, how he was the perfect man. A man of power, success, wealth, looks and everything. She'd always challenge that she'll be with him someday. To marry and such." She explain and I furrow my brows.

"And what does that have to do with me?" I ask and she giggles.

"You're so clueless. Sir Tristan never glanced in her direction, in anyone's direction for that matter. You can say he has pretty high standarts in women. Then you suddently show up, you're pretty and nice and obviously Sir Tristan is infatuated by you. Otherwise, you wouldn't be living here. He never brought a woman home and treated her the way he treats you. And that's why she's jealous. You're a challenge, and a pretty hard act to follow." She adds and I raise my brows. I get it now. But in all honesty I wish he liked her so he would let me go.