Part 47 - Beau (part 5)

***Arush's P.O.V***

"This was all so..sudden Arush... I do agree that this is new for both of us and yes maybe this is once in a life-time thing for both of us... but well, don't you fear that all this would end as quickly as it began?" Sahana asked sadly, her beautiful eyes sparkling with unshed tears.

I looked at her, feeling exceptionally helpless as to how to console her, when I myself had some of these insecurities within me.

But then, the image of Sahana as a bride... my bride... popped into my head, the prospect of spending my whole life with this wonderful woman who was confident, who wasn't a gold digger, who was smart and funny and attractive and could make my heart race faster than any aerobic exercise!

Sahana was witty and intelligent as fuck, she was kind and gentle, a fierce woman when it comes to things in which she believes and fights for them. She is a good sister, a good daughter. Sahana is an angel in every form - a true goddess - Maa Durga - confident, beautiful and intelligent. What more could I ask for?!

I know this sounds cheesy as fuck, but well in the movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, SRK tells this one dialogue - 'Ek mard ka sir sirf teen aurton ke saamne jhukta hai. Ek apni maa ke saamne, ek durga ma ke saamne aur... apne pyaar ke samne'

{Translation - in his life, a man bows his head to only three women - his mother, Goddess Durga, and his love}

And looking at Sahana, I realized that apart from my mother, sister, grandmothers, Kabir's mom and Raj's mom and a few such mothers, Durga maa and any other such woman in my family, Sahana was the only other woman for whom I'd bowed my head - I'd bowed my head down and bent down to reach her level to kiss her.

And looking intently at Sahana I realized that she would be the only woman for whom I'd bow my head ever in that sense - no other woman in my whole life had ever had this kind of a hold on me like she had!

Sahana had actually saved me from loosing my job when she'd helped us out in that one project a few years ago, unknown to me of course!

"Ek mard ka sir sirf teen aurton ke saamne jhukta hai. Ek apni maa ke saamne, ek durga ma ke saamne aur..." I trailed off, and as SRK had done in the movie, I bowed my head to her.

"And what?!" Sahana asked, making me feel like a fool.

I thought I was a dumbfuck in romance... don't tell me she was a step ahead of me?!

"I am bowing my head down for you" I said, still keeping my head bowed in front of her.

"Uh yeah I got that duh!! So?!" she asked, making me facepalm myself before sitting straight to look at her.

"Haven't you seen Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?!" I asked, frowning a little. I thought this dialogue and my act would actually make her squeal in excitement and maybe pepper a few kisses all over my face, saying all the while that I'm the best boyfriend ever?!

"I have.... Oh fuck were you trying out that SRK wala dialogue where he says this and then bows his head to Rani Mukharjee?!" Sahana asked, looking at me in shock before giggling.

"Well yeah... I was expecting a far better reaction than this honestly" I said, pouting a little.

Sahana giggled and pinched my cheeks as she said "Aww Arush!! Okay fine... I feel so honored to be the woman to whom you bow your head" and giggled again.

"You're the only woman to whom I've ever bowed in that sense... and the only woman to whom I'd ever bow... in that sense" I said seriously, looking deep into her eyes and putting my hands on her's that were still on my cheeks.