Part 92 - Lost... to you!

***Arush's P. O. V***

Sitting right in front of me and with her face turning redder by the second, Sahana bit her lip and started toying with the edge of her saree pallu, whilst I took all the time in the world to gaze at her without interruptions - because she was finally and officially mine.... everyone in the office knew now that Sahana was mine and now, there was no need for me to keep my intentions hidden!!

The news that I'm engaged to Sahana had spread like wildfire in the office, so that by the time I'd brought Sahana to the cafeteria for lunch with me, the people who hadn't seen my confession of love were all muttering and gazing at us.

And even now as I looked around, everyone was watching us, as though unable to believe that I'd actually fall for someone, and let alone that someone be Sahana!

Taking a spoon full of the kheer from my plate, I lifted it to Sahana's lips, who shot her shocked gaze to me before opening her mouth and eating from my spoon.

"Ar....ar.... Arush.... E..... E...every....everyone..... They're watching..... Watching us" she whispered, casting a nervous look around, and then back at me.

"Let them" I shrugged, tearing off a piece of the roti and dipping it into the dal and holding it out in front of her lips for her to eat.

She shot me a nervous glance but I looked sternly back at her to which she sighed and opened her mouth.

I smiled and let my heart flutter at the feel of her lips around my fingers and she too blushed.

"Arush..." She began softly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, the diamond from her ring glittering in the light.

As the crowd saw the ring, they all gasped, probably realizing that we were indeed engaged!

"Really that girl gets a ring?! Arush she gets a ring? She's not even that pretty!" Dia Sinha's loud voice snapped something inside of me.

HOW DARE SHE TALK ABOUT MY GIRL LIKE THAT?! JUST HOW FUCKING DARE SHE?!?!

I turned around to glare at her and opened my mouth to give her a earful and probable even start punching her, when a soft warm touch on my hand made me turn back to Sahana, who shook her head in a no, like she knew exactly what I was gonna do!

"Well sometimes unexpected things do happen don't they Ms. Sinha?! If you with your pea brains can become a manager, it's not difficult for someone like me to get a good guy like Arush!" Sahana said coolly, smiling sweetly at her.

I guffawed with laughter, and so did many other people - damn she's wonderful! Like I needed even more reasons to fall deeper and deeper in love with Sahana?!

Dia Sinha's face was red with anger but her face glittered with malice as she said "oh now we know how you got promoted! I may have pea brains but hey at least I didn't sleep with my superior to get a promotion! "

The whole cafeteria had gone silent and Sahana's grip on my hand had slackened. Her face had gone white and her sweet smile had disappeared. Tears were slowly pooling in her eyes.

"But from what I hear, you slept with the interviewer to get the job?! And besides, didn't you used to sleep with your college professor who used to give you a pass grade in return?! " Raj's cool voice broke the nasty silence, and I looked around to find Raj looking at Dia Sinha with hatred etched on his face.

"And Sahana's work is responsible for her promotion... Which was decided actually by her previous manager, who was a woman... A straight woman" Raj added, still glaring at Ms. Sinha.

"Sahana's efforts and her brains brought her the promotion you bitch!" Riya roared, and I looked around to find Riya and the receptionist and a few other girls sitting with Riya now all glaring at Ms. Sinha in pure disgust.