Part 42 - Inlaws

***Sahana's P. O. V***

I could see the silhouette of two people and hear voices of two people - one male and the other female - coming from outside the main door.

The two people were standing with their backs to us from the looks of it and judging from Arush's horrified expression I could tell that they were probably his parents.

"Go to that side and hide... Quick!" Arush breathed, indicating the large side-table near the sofa, near the wall.

I quickly got up and Arush ran towards the door, to distract whoever was there outside. But instead of following his plan, I ran up the stairs and into his room, and closed the door except for a small gap to listen to their voices, while I hid behind that door.

"Arush...beta... why are you closing the door on our face" Came the voice of a woman and my face turning red with shame, waiting to hear if they've all seen me.

"Mom....dad.... You're....uh... early..I thought...Intruders.." I heard Arush stutter.

Ah the poor guy is lying for me... God please let his parents not have had seen me!!!

"Yeah well your papa has a conference call at 8 tonight..." Came the woman's voice and I heard the closing of a door.

My heart which had been hammering for so long had started to slow down a little... phew they've not seen me!!

"Why were you sitting here...alone?!" Came a man's voice now, sounding a little stern.

"I...uh...was... reading...um... newspaper....hadn't read properly in the morning" Arush said.

"Oh...okay...wait what's that?" I Arush's dad's voice now, and my breath hitched in my throat.

Fuck did I leave something down there?!

"It smells amazing....is it...sandwich?!" I heard his dad's voice and I let go off the breath I'd been holding for so long.

"My my it tastes amazing" came his voice again and I could hear relief in that man's voice.

"Yes I made it" Arush lied.

I heard loud echoing laughter from downstairs before his mom said "you and cooking? Beta when you're lying at least tell a lie that's plausible....Zindagi mein kabhi rasoi mein tune Pao nahi rakha hai aur abhi bol rahe ho k tum ne itna achcha sandwich banaya???" And chortled.

{Translation - you and cooking?! My dear son when you're lying do tell a lie that's plausible! You've never set foot in the kitchen in you're entire life and you're saying you've made such a good sandwich?!}

I couldn't help giggling myself but put a hand to my mouth to cover up the giggles - Arush doesn't know to cook!! A good thing to tease him now!!

"Meri bahu ayi thi Kya? Ussne banaya hai na yeh? Please tell me that this is my bahu's cooking" I heard his mom's hopeful voice and my heart jumped to my mouth.

{Translation - had my daughter come here?! She's cooked this right?? Please tell me that it's my DIL's cooking!}

She called me her bahu? Arush has told them about me? Oh holy fuck does she have a bad impression about me?!

Oh what the bloody hell their whole family is insane is it?! We've hardly been going out for like 2 days and Arush calls me his wife and his mom calls me her daughter in law?!

I can't say I'm not pleased but it's all too... overwhelming!!

"I'm telling you now that I won't spare you if you've scared her away!! Your mother and I have already accepted her as our daughter and we'll even exchange you for her" I heard his dad's voice.