“[Nickname]-ah~,” Fai smiled, entering the kitchen.

“Yeah?” you jumped down, getting a can of [flavor] juice from the fridge.

“The last of us will be leaving now. Hiro, your brother is waiting for you, go with him.”

“Hai~!” the small boy hugged you once more before exiting.

Fai looked behind him before turning to both you and Wasurete,” What’s going on here? [Nickname]-chan, do you know why this idiot has been acting up so much?”

“Not a clue,” you pursed your lips, shaking your head.

“Care to explain Wasurete?” Fai’s blue eyes shifted towards the teen. “I know my [Nickname] wouldn’t lie to me.”

“W-Well,” Wasurete scratched the back of his head. “Fai-san I… I’m… [Name]’s… Er—”

“Oi! Hurry up will ya!?” Raizo called.

Fai sighed before exiting,” This isn’t over.”

“Idiot!” you smacked your brother’s arm after you felt it was safe to speak. “Why didn’t you tell him!?”

“Me!? You lied!” he shot back.

“Well duh,” you rolled your eyes. “We just established that you would tell them.”

“Well… Yeah but—”

“WASURETE!” Kurogane barked from the entrance of the house.

“Dammit,” the teen sighed, grabbing his drink and exiting.

After you finished your drink, you went upstairs and pulled out a piece of paper. You sat at the desk, humming for a moment before clicking the pen in your hand and furiously scrawling word after word. When finding you had finished it, you pulled out another page and wrote once more before finishing and signing it. You then neatly folded the paper and tucked it into an envelope, sealing and labeling it, then putting it within a desk drawer.

Your kudan key glowed then and Akinori manifested himself just as you were to exit the room. He harshly threw open the drawer and grabbed the envelope, about to rip it when you snatched it away from him with a frown. In return he sighed irritably and gazed at you with a hurt expression.

“[Name]-hime, what… What is this for?”

“In case I don’t make it back—”

“But you WILL make it back,” he frowned.

“How would you know that?” you crossed your arms. “Ryuushin and I won’t stop until one of us is dead. I can’t help but take this extra precaution in case we BOTH die.”

“Then make one for your brother as well,” he growled. “Because I refuse to be a messenger.”

You scoffed, carefully placing the letter back into the drawer,” I can always ask your brother.”

“You play dirty,” he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“Thanks for noticing,” you grimaced. “Now return, we have some patrols to do.” Akinori grunted before vanishing back into the key.

With that, you slid your door open then closed, and went downstairs once more where you spotted someone waiting at the bottom. His fiery red hair of course unmistakable.

“I’m so glad you made it back,” Axel hugged you tightly as soon as you reached the bottom. “Listen, I know I already said it, but I’ll say it again: I’m really, REALLY sorry about earlier—got it memorized?”