Keith x Altean! Reader- I'll find you

Requested by Wingstar, srry it took so long fam, I didn't really have much inspiration for this

Your pod opened.

"What in the quiznack happened...?"
"Your lucky I have a case of the old sleep chamber knees otherwise I'd-" you ran over and did a move a buddy from the royal guard showed you.

"Do something like this Uncle Coran?" You ask.
"Hey not cool lady let me go or else-!"
"Or else what? You can't do anything to me at the moment, Princess Allura should I dispatch this hideously-eared assassin?"
"Why is everyone saying my ears are hideous!?"
"No (Y/N), we may need him"
"Alright, if you say so, but if he gets too much let me know" you answer, letting the guy go. He got up and looked between your smirking face and Coran who was twirling his mustache.

"She's your niece?! How!? She's like a twenty!"
"She's my sisters daughter, duh, and why are you ranking her?"
"I was just about to ask that question myself" you twirled your multi-tool in your hand, you barely even took a step before the guy put his hands up and ran away.
"Shiro! Help me!"
"You got yourself into this Lance, you can get yourself out"
"But she's super scary and I think she wants to kill me!"
"Lots of girls have wanted to kill you, though only one's actually stabbed you with a fork" Hunk spoke up.
"What?" Pidge asks obviously trying not to laugh as Lance was trying to silently tell Hunk to shut up as he recounted the whole event. You looked to your Uncle Coran and you shared the same look.
"It can't be..." Allura trails off.

"What is it?" Coran asks.
"Yeah Princess Allura, is there something wrong?"
"We've been asleep for ten thousand years!"

"...what?"

"Dad and Altea, and all of the planets in our solar system have been destroyed"

"Wait, everything? All we have from home is this ship?" You question as the tears began building.

-Timeskip-

You kinda just stepped out and began doing a systems check of everything, Coran let you go because he knew that you needed some time to think, You just nonchalantly worked as everyone did their stuff and Allura began assigning lions.
"The Green Lion has an inquisitive personality and needs a pilot of intellect and daring, (Y/N), you will pilot the Green Lion"
"What?! Ow! Sorry I wasn't paying attention, just heard my name and stuff after."
"(Y/N), in order for Voltron to form we need you to pilot the Green Lion" Allura repeated.
"Yeah, no thanks, have that small human do it. They look much better for the job." You answer sliding under the panel again.

"(Y/N)"
"What?"
"You've piloted the Green Lion before, I'm pretty sure you can do it again" you slid out from under the panel.

"Piloting is stretching it a little don't you think Princess?"
"What happened with the Green Lion?" Keith asks.
"(Y/N) took it from it's hangar and flew it for...quite awhile actually..."
"Geez, you fall asleep on one asteroid while in a voltron lion and you never hear the end of it. Besides, I only flew it to make sure everything was in working order. And it was." you comment as you continued to tune up the panel.

"Allura let's be honest, I was never cut out to be a paladin, or an alchemist or a guard or a diplomat . But I am cut out to be a mechanic and take care of this castle. Let the small child over there do it, they would be perfect for the role." Allura sighed, you didn't have much time and she knew firsthand how stubborn you could get.

"Alright, Pidge, you'll be the paladin of the Green Lion." Allura continued to assign lions as you continued to work on the panels and making sure everything was working properly. Keith kinda watched you and noticed you didn't have a toolbox with you like most people do.
"So did toolboxes exist on your planet?" Keith asks.
"Yes, but (Y/N) doesn't need that, she created a special tool that can become multiple things. She was ready to share it's schematics with the universe, but then the Galra attacked our home planet." Keith nodded wordlessly as he watched you work. It was obvious that there was nothing for him to do, he found himself wanting to talk to you but decided against it, everyone needs their alone time. He above everyone knows that.