Lion-O x reader- Omegaverse! AU

Came up with this idea and wrote it when I either didn't have enough time to write a preference or had writer's block or wanted to be a procrastinator on somethin'  

You woke up from your forced sleep of a rock from the explosives hit you over the head. You got up and hid behind the wall that protected you from the Lizard's sight. You tried to overhear their conversation, Mumm-ra. You flashbacked to last night, the ancient evil that was to rise again, or has risen. You knew if you ran now you would probably get caught and die. And if you did somehow manage to escape, you had no skills in the wild besides what you read in books, you knew you wouldn't last long on your own. However...you could join his forces, only for a short while, in order to gain the skills you need and fighting experience you could disappear and live to an old age. At least that's what you hope for. You inched out of the shadows. One of the lizards spotted you and immediately went for his gun.

"Don't move Thundercat"

"Wait, I want to join you guys" they exchanged looks with each other.

"Fine, follow us" one of the lizards growl, one went behind you, no doubt with a gun aimed at your head. You followed them, seeing the traitor, Grune, the lizard general and Mumm-ra. Despite looking like a hunched over old man that was all skin and bones you could clearly feel the evil off of him. It chilled you to the core. But you kept your chin up as you walked forward towards them.
"General, Master, we found this one in the ruins. She says she wishes to join us." The lizard told them.

"You wear armor, I assume you are a warrior" Grune spoke gruffly.

"Yes and no, my father was a blacksmith, I donned this in the attack, ready to defend my people. But they are gone. However as the old saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them." You answer, praying they would buy your bluff.

"So you are trained?" Mumm-ra asks.
"Somewhat" you answer, he muttered something under his breath.

"Very well, Grune you are in charge of her training, make sure she can hold her own in a fight. Until I get the stones we will need all the strength we can muster." Mumm-ra spoke, even his raspy voice made you quiver in fear, though you did your best to mask it.

"As you wish Mumm-ra" he did a quick bow before Mumm-ra turned away to talk with the lizard general.
"You! Follow me!"

"Y..yes sir!" You followed Grune.
"Now listen carefully for what I'm about to teach you girl, for you'll learn I don't like to repeat myself" Grune grumbles.
"Y...yes sir!"

"Good, now let's get started, you'll need a weapon" he began picking around a truck looking at the different weapons before looking at you, muttering things and throwing them back in. He then pulled out two ring blades. One of the edges had obvious metal handholds on them. They also had these small, armbands with the same pattern, but they were obviously lizard tech.
"Put these on" he threw the armbands at you and you caught them, slipping them on.

"What are these-" he threw one of the ring blades at you and before it reached you it got pulled by your armband and snapped into place. And for a moment, you forgot how much you hated what you were doing and was filled with wonder at the little device on your arm.

"Whoa"
"Save the whoas for later, I still have a lot to teach you if you want to conquer Third Earth"

"Yes sir" you answer, but I don't want to conquer Third Earth, I just want to live.

-Timeskip-

You smelled something you never smelled before, it smelled like the freshness of the earth with the strength of metal and a touch of the sun's warmth. It was faint, but there. You could feel your toes curl at the smell as you looked around trying to pinpoint where it came from, but it was just Grune.
"I thought you were supposed to be at the mine" you comment, trying not to let the wonderful smell get to you. There was no way Grune was your alpha, you've already spent a few weeks with him and either of you would've said something by now.