Keith x reader- I love you

Can we just appreciate this precious cinnamon roll and this awesome fanart for a moment?

This was requested by Naturewarrior300, I hope you love it and it meets your expectations my dude.

The aliens in your cell surrounded you, as if they could protect you from the Galra. Even though they were in these cells for longer than you could imagine, they knew your importance. You had no regal position among your people, but your people were few and far between. Some cultures considered seeing your species a blessing because you were bringers of light. You didn't consider yourself such a bringer, you ended countless lives with your voice, you could still talk very quietly. But it was something you didn't enjoy doing and only did it when necessary. Soon alarms blared in your spacecraft as explosions could be heard in the distance as well as the heavy footsteps of sentries.

"It is the Champion! He has come back!"
"The Champion is here! He's returned!" Jovial shouts erupted from the aliens on either side of each cell, the force fields around your cells were disarmed as humans in different colored armor led you to giant lions. There weren't many of you, considering how much the Galra typically carry with them, about 200 at most. Almost immediately, your fellow cell mates surrounded you to protect you from any threats. You locked eyes with the human in black armor.
"...Champion..." you breathed with a smile, he looked like he was doing well. His eyes saddened slightly before continuing to guide your cellmates, you ended up in a red lion and driven back to another ship you didn't recognize.

-Timeskip-
When everyone's wounds were treated and bellies fed, a regal looking woman, with crescents under her eyes and pointed ears looked upon all of you.

"You are no longer prisoners of the Galra, you may return to your homes and families using our escape pods" she announces. Your cellmates cheered and some agreed to go to other's planets for one reason or another. You bid your friends goodbye with hugs.
"You should really come with us (Y/N), I know my M'am will love to have you stay with us" (B/F/N) says. You smiled but shook your head, denying your first prisoner friend's request. Signaling in a language you both knew on your arm.
'It would be nice, perhaps another time, we should keep in touch'

"Totally! You already have my signal though, you take care of yourself now! Don't make anyone's ears bleed you hear?" She asks jokingly, climbing into an escape pod as your friends left. You waved and watched all your old cellmates leave, your back was turned to the paladins as you bid farewell to your last cellmate before they took off in their escape pod and flew off. Silent tears of joy fell knowing all of your cellmates got the freedom they deserved. The paladins watched you worriedly. Hunk's gaze slid over to Pidge, who looked at Lance, who looked at Allura, who looked at Coran, who looked at Keith, who looked at Shiro. Shiro sighed and walked towards you.
"Aren't you going to go home?" Shiro asks, you flinched in surprise and looked over to see the Champion looking over at you. You turned to face him and Allura squealed in joy.
"You're a Lumatite! I believe we aren't too far from Luma! We can take you there ourselves! Oh it's been so long since I saw Luma! Come on!" She pulled you into what you assumed was the control room. She made a wormhole.
"Uhh...does anyone know what she's saying?" Hunk asks. You began to try to communicate with Allura but she wasn't paying attention to your bioluminescent language. Neither was Coran because it's been too long since he saw Luma and was lecturing Pidge, Keith and Lance on it's role 10,000 years ago. Surely, Champion would know, you went over to him before tapping him on the shoulder.

"Is there something wrong?"
'Luma is dead. It has been for 10,000 years. We are nomads now.' You inform him.
"I'm sorry, but I don't understand" your light turned red with frustration.
"We're here!" Allura announces happily, that was when you finally used your light to make a giant flash so they would notice you. Some of your cells got incinerated, but new cells would replace them.