20 ✧ present

"Well here were are. I hope that our new home will have as many new memories as our previous one."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"And that's the last of them." (Y/n) mumbled satisfied, placing the last of the twins clothes in their drawers. Huffing out and wiping her arm against her forehead to rid any sweat. Before getting up and walking into her living room. Where Sasuke and her sons were staying at.

"You've finished now." Sasuke asked, looking away from the twins who were occupied by their stuffed animals on the ground that was covered by their baby blanket. Noting the exhausted but proud look on his little sister's features. As (y/n) nodded her head and flopped down on the couch, smiling up at the ceiling.

"I'll have to leave now." Sasuke said, carefully watching (y/n)'s face turn blank before contorting into a painful realization. (Y/n) wouldn't have Sasuke near her all the time. Then the same feeling of abandonment hit her, just like the first time Sasuke left the village. Don't get it wrong, (y/n) knew that she wouldn't have Sasuke around her all the time but ever since he came back.

The siblings stuck by each other's sides, even if one of them was annoying half the time. Now it just hit (y/n) that her brother would leave, get married, have children, and probably forgot about her. That truly scared her the most. Swallowing down the lump in her throat at the possibilities of all of that actually happening to her.

It seemed that Sasuke knew about her troubled doubts as he opened his mouth to speak, "(Y/n) you know I could never forget about you or my nephews. You're the only family I have left." Sasuke didn't say more, watching (y/n) swallow once again, as she just closed her eyes. (Y/n) knew she was acting over dramatic about her brother leaving. But it was hard when you have someone by your side 24/7 and then to end up all alone.

"I'm acting like a spoiled brat aren't I?" (Y/n) muttered, sniffling as she rubbed her eyes. To wipe away and signs of tears gathering. At Sasuke's unusual expression of concern is when she finally said, "Really I'll be fine. Don't worry that much about me."

"Besides I can't look like I've been crying because I don't want to go to work tomorrow with red puffy eyes." (Y/n) joked, her words actually being serious because that was the last conversation she wanted to talk about.

"I have to worry about you (y/n). It's my job as your older brother." Sasuke replied, pulling his sister into a slightly awkward side hug. Tensing up at the feeling of (y/n) cuddling into his side, but not protesting against the action because he initiated the contact. And for (y/n)'s sake, ignoring that he doesn't like touching people because he's not a person all about comforting.

Telling himself that as long as (y/n) was fine then he was too. "Okay, we're good because this is getting to mushy for me." (Y/n) laughed, pulling away from her brother. Pretending that she didn't hear the soft sigh of relief that escaped his mouth once she pulled away from the hug.

"You should go now. I don't want to keep you waiting." Sasuke nodded his head, getting up from his seat and heading towards the door. Turning back, a small smile showing on his features, at (y/n) approaching with Daisuke and Nomi in her arms.

"You aren't leaving until you say bye to your favorite nephews." (Y/n) cheekily said, bouncing the twins softly. Laughing at the excited giggles that erupted from both boys at the movement. Sasuke shook his head, smirking as he poked both the twins forehead. Chuckling at how they both scrunched up their chubby faces and buried themselves into (y/n).

"I don't think they appreciate that." (Y/n) mused, then her own eyes narrowing at her older brother. Watching that smirk grow ever so slightly. Moving a step back but ultimately failing, at the poking sensation on her head. (Y/n) groaned, moving her head back, trying to stay clear of Sasuke's fingers.

"You're the worst." Sasuke just chuckled, placing a quick light kiss to her forehead. Before taking one last examination of his family before finally leaving and closing the door behind him. (Y/n) sighed, walking back to her living room and placing her sons both gently onto their blanket on the floor.

As she also took a seat besides them. Smiling at the cooes that came from Nomi, while she ran her fingers in his growing hair. "Don't worry we can do this on our own. Plus we have uncle Gaara to keep us company. He's really exciting."

_______________________

Okay now I'll be able to speed up this process. In order to finally have Naruto come back into (y/n)'s and the twins lives.

Also I've been thinking of making a naruto x mother reader. Should I make it or just throw that idea away.