B1OOD - [THE ASSET]

Depuis le début

     "What were you even doing before I got here anyway?" Art suddenly asks.

      Without opening his eyes, Noctis answered, "I was reading a letter William Harlan sent to me."

     "William Harlan? Isn't he one of the-"

     Noctis nods his head and says, "Yes, he's one of the government's cabinet member."

     "Wait, does he know about you? Or does he just know you as someone who isn't a hundred year old vampire but actually a young President of a very prestige university?" Art then asks, making Noctis open his eyes and smile at Art.

     "You should know this by now. I thought Sir Clemens tutored you before?" Noctis teases, making Art roll his eyes.

     Noctis laughs and brushes Art's hair back with his fingers, "He's a vampire. He's the only vampire that we were able to successfully give a position at the government."

     Art was obviously surprised on what Noctis just said, "He's a vampire? He WAS a vampire? So the...oh Jesus, the photosensitivity shit was a lie. Why didn't I see that?"

     Noctis laughs at Art's reaction and says, "Well, you didn't know he was a vampire so his excuse with being allergic to the sun doesn't really sound strange at all."

     "So what did he say? Does he actually give you reports about the government?" Art asks further.

     Noctis continues to play with Art's hair as he answered, "Well I wasn't finished with reading his letter yet, but I talked to Levi earlier. Levi handles the human affairs, which means he's handling Mr. Harlan too. If something's urgent, he'll talk to Levi, then Levi will inform me about it afterwards."

     "Well I think you should finish reading that letter." Art comments.

     Noctis was about to say something when someone suddenly knocks on the door fanatically.

     Noctis sighs and looks at Art with a dissatisfied look, "Why can't I just have at least an hour of peace with you?" he asks, standing up from the bed while Art assisted him.

     Art was about to stand up as well but Noctis stops him and says, "Don't worry, it's just sir Clemens."

     So Art stayed at the bed as Noctis opened the door.

     But the moment Noctis opened the door, sir Clemens barges inside and immediately says, "Noctis...Harlan's dead. It's all over the news. He was killed at his house."

     Art and Noctis' eyes widened from shock.

     Art immediately stood up from the bed and fixed his uniform. Noctis looks at sir Clemens with disbelief and shakes his head, "No, that can't be. We just-"

     Noctis pauses, then he quickly went back to his table to take the letter that he just received from William Harlan.

     Dear Lord Noctis Marius IV,

     I have heard of your victory at Castle Deep with your battle with the Night Warriors, so I would like to congratulate you through this letter. I have also heard of your discovery at the Original Blood Brother's Temple about the Kings who you speculate are just as alive as we are. I know in the midst of all that, you are also busy with your wedding preparations with Madam Lancaster. I do not wish to add to your problems, but there is something that I must say, and there is no one that I could trust but you so I did not directly tell Head Levi Bonham about this matter.

     I also discovered something; an asset that hundreds, maybe even thousands of men are chasing after. You must be aware that I do not stay at the South Sanctum for the Sanctum's safety, so I hid the asset at my mansion where my wife is guarding it.