Chapter 38

After they arrived home, yoongi put away all his new clothes and began getting ready for the ball. The day was quickly passing and yoongi was getting more and more concerned.
Why wasn't anything changing?
He has feared his 18th birthday, pretty much all his life. Now it's here, and everything seems to be the same.

Yoongi released a soft sigh. He stared into the standing mirror, a sad nostalgia filled him as he dressed in his old room. He wanted Jungkook. He wanted to know for 100% sure that they were mates. The doubt in his mind only worsened as time went by.

Yoongi shook his head, metaphorically shaking his thoughts as well. He over looked at his outfit once more, wanting it to be perfect. He wore a dark grey slacks, neatly pressed, a floral monotoned dress shirt that was tucked in the front and let loose at the back. His dark hair had a natural curl to it and exposed half his forehead. He put on his best earrings, they twinkled prettily, contrasting to the obsidian hair. His shoes were black dress shoes, they had a slight heel to them making the boy a little taller.

"It's okay yoongi... you've got this..." he tried to reassure himself. Yoongi fixed his cuffs on his shirt one again before turning to leave the room. He was stopped when he reached the door as it opened before him and a very well dressed Luna stepped into the room.

"Oh yoongi darling, you look gorgeous!" She softly smiled, pride glowed in her dark eyes.

"Thank you Luna" yoongi bowed, blushing ever so slightly at the compliment.

"Honestly, call me Eomma, especially after today" she placed a hand on yoongis shoulder, that in itself gave comfort to the omega. 
Yoongi noticed the familiar box in the Lunas hand.

"Here, todays the perfect day for this" she carefully removed the precious choker from the box. She stepped behind yoongi as he faced the mirror and she fastened the pretty necklace around his pale neck.
It was perfect. It fitted his outfit and overall being like a glove.

Yoongi felt tears prick at his eyes as he stared into the mirror. For the first time in... god knows how long, yoongi felt pretty. He felt powerful and worthy.

"Now lets go find your mate and show this world their new leader." Luna gently kisses the boys cheek before deeply curtsying, "Your Serenity, shall we?"

A final deep breath.
"We shall"

*******************************************

Yoongi could feel his chest tightening, restricting his air, as he walked closer to the ballroom. Maids and servers all wished him a happy birthday as they walked by. He was happy, and thanked them all. Yet the tension building in his heart tainted the pure moment.

"Ready?" Luna asked a final time as they stood before th large ballroom doors.

"As I'll ever be" yoongi chuckled lightly.

Luna took his hand into her own as the final pushed open the doors.
The entered with their heads held high, proclaiming their status to all.
Yoongi didn't like portraying himself as one above others, he simply needed to show he was one bit to be messed with.

All eyes follows the pair as they walked through. Everyone in awe of the beauty and grace. Many bowed their heads or curtesy as they walked by, showing respect to the Luna of the pack, and this supposedly new figure for those who don't know him.

Yoongi and Luna stopped as they reached the top table, greeting Alpha Jeon and his council.
Yoongis eyes searched for only one alpha.

"Yoongi?" Jimin asked with a smile, "look" he pointed to the corner of the room.