Chapter 14

"Shhhhhh, we have to be quiet! I don't want any stinky alphas to follow us" Taehyung whispered while guiding Yoongi through the wooded area.

After leaving the clinic, Yoongi and Taehyung headed outside to the garden, when Tae exclaimed that he had a surprise he'd like to show Yoongi.

Now they're currently wandering through the back hedges between the garden and the woods , of course it was still Pack territory.

"Tae, where are we going?" Yoongi giggled, as the small grass tickled his ankles.

"It's just around- ah! Here" Tae then released Yoongis hand from his grip and gestures to the 'surprise'.

"Oh wow..." yoongi whispered in both excitement and awe.

There was a small section of grass surrounded by wild flowers, ranging in all colours. Unlike the flower beds in the pack gardens, these flowers grew as the pleased, wild and untamed.
And in the centre of the clearing, hanging from a large oak tree was a swing!

"Have a go!" Tae chirped.

Yoongi hesitated. His mind filling with scenarios where this could go terribly wrong, but for once, He focused on one emotion. Excitement.

"It's safe yeah?" He asked Tae as he walked slowly toward the wooden swing.

"Of course! Just sit, I'll even give you the first few pushes!" Tae chuckles in his low voice, that contrasted greatly from his personality.

Yoongi cautiously sat in the seat, wrapping his hand around the wide ropes. His feet hovered, unable to meet the ground. He giggled for a moment before large hands applied pressure to his back.

"Here we go!"

Taehyung pushed yoongi for a few minutes before allowing the omega to take control for himself. Yoongi soon got the hang of swinging by himself, call it muscle memory.
His mind filled with joy as he relived the giddy feeling of being on a swing.

Yoongi thought back to when he was younger.
His brother had made a swing in their back garden when they were pups.
Yoongi was 3 when the swing was first built and he soon fell in love. The feeling of flying, of being free.
Even after he presented as an omega and was sent to live in the pack house, he and his brother would sometimes play on their precious swing on Sundays when he visited home.

After playing around for a while, yoongi hopped off the swing and allowed Tae to have a turn.
Yoong in the meantime sat on the grass watching the older omega have fun.
A bittersweet feeling fills yoongis heart, Tae reminds him of his brother a little.

Of course, his brother was a strong, powerful alpha. He was smart and brave. If he was like anyone yoongi knew it'd be his cousin Namjoon, he and Chulsoon were so alike.

But Tae reminded yoongi of the hidden version of his brother. The version he got to see when he visited home.
Unlike everyone else, yoongi never saw the strong, badass alpha his brother was, instead he saw the playful child who would hang out with yoongi in his free time.

And that's what he saw in Tae. A loveable idiot, a playful child. A brother figure.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Taes question suddenly ripping yoongi from his thoughts.

"Oh it's nothing, just thinking of Chulsoon.." yoongi whispered the last part, yet Tae heard it.

"Chulsoon?"

"My brother"

"You've a brother!? Lucky! I've no siblings!" Tae huffed in a joking manner.