Chapter 36

"Kookie?"

"One second!" The alpha called from the back of the dusty attic.

After talking with his mother, yoongi went looking for Jungkook. After some guidance from Hoseok, yoongi had found himself standing on a ladder, peeking upwards into the ever dimly lit, dust ass attic.

"Oh, peach it's you, c'mon, here you go!" Jungkook walked over and reached a hand to the smaller, helping him fully climb into the attic.

"Whatcha doin' ?" Yoongi asked in a sweet voice after he dusted his knees.

"Nothing really, just putting some of my old stuff up here." Jungkook answered plainly as he walked back to where he once was, perched on an old crate moving around some cardboard boxes.

"Oh? Like what" yoongi had moved closer to his alpha, resting his hands softly on the other males wide shoulders.

"Nothing much, just some old trophies and books and stuff. High school stuff" Jungkook continued to rummage through and organise the boxes, missing the gleam of excitement in his mates eyes.

"You went to high school?! What was it like? Was it big? Was it just for our kind or did humans go to? Was it-"

"Hey hey, slow down a sec will ya" Jungkook chuckled, reaching around and guiding yoongi to stand in front of him.
"You never went to school?" He asked in a soft, weary voice.

Yoongi simply shook his head no, it didn't bother him much, but he was still curious to the apparently 'huge' part of adolescence.

"Well, to put it simply, high school is awkward, just terribly awkward" the alpha laughed. He then pulled yoongi down to sit on his lap, the youngers back rested gently on his chest.
Jungkook didn't miss the faint dust of pink that grew on his omegas cheeks.

"These here," Jungkook lifted two trophies, both gold in colour and heavy in weight. One was shaped like a book and the other kinda resembled a star shaped.. something. It was weird and abstract. But yoongi liked it. It was shiny.

"These are trophies I won for academics. I wasn't the best at English or math, but I was semi-decent in science. This one here is for "diligence"" Jungkook describes each little award, sometimes describing the classes and memories that went with them too.
Yoongi was in awe. High school sounded so strange, sometimes it was great, and sometimes it sucked.
Jungkook was a decent kid, got pretty good grades. Played on pretty much all the sports teams he could, most of his trophies came from there.

A small part of yoongi was sad, sad that he was deprived of this step in growing up. Yet it only lasted a moment. He learned different things. He didn't need English or math, or ch-chemistry? Whatever, he didn't need it. Cause he could cook and sew. He could tell what a baby wanted from the way it cried. He could feels a persons emotions and read them like a book from a mile away.
Also he doubts that he'd have the same high-school experience as Jungkook.

"If you love all this stuff so much, why are you putting it up here?" Yoongi asked, interrupting Jungkooks story about how he accidentally blew up a microwave in physics and how he is now terrified of them.

"Because what about you?" Jungkook answered, staring at yoongi with his big doe eyes.
Yoongi turned on the elders lap, he then sat sideways, his legs dangling across the elders.

"Me? What about me?"

"Well, when you move in where are you gonna put your stuff? I just presumed you didn't have much because it was originally a temporary visit, but you'll have to bring your stuff eventually. And we could probably throw some things up here if you want." Jungkooks shrugged at the end of his sentence, he was panicking, yoongi cant know the real reason he was up here.