Chapter 8

Jungkooks heart pounds loudly as he bolts up the stairs,
What's happening?! He's in danger!
An omega distress scent is drowning all his senses.
He's scared! Must protect mate!

The other alphas follow directly behind Jungkook, all of them being heavily affected by yoongis scream.
An Omegas distress scent is overpowering, changing an Alphas primary directive to protecting said omega.

They all make it to yoongis door, which Jungkook proceeds to kick in.

All were in shock at the scene before them.
Two large alphas, dragging a scared yoongi by his hair.
A large red imprint left across his young face.

Jungkooks eyes turn black, his instinct taking over.
Without warning Jungkook jumps on the first alpha, pinning him to the ground.
The remaining alphas stands in shock, still holding yoongi by his precious black locks.

Jimin jumps next, shoving the oblivious alpha against the wall, smashing his head against it a few times for good measure.
Soon both attackers lay unconscious, one against the wall, the other still under a feral Jungkook.

"Kook! That's enough! He's out!" Namjoon calls in an attempt to stop Jungkook from killing the other alpha.
Yet he knew his attempts were futile.
Almost nothing can stop a feral alpha.

Jungkook continued to deliver blow after blow on the unconscious alphas face. When soon he felt a warm pair of arms wrap around his neck.

"P-please! S-stop! I'm o-okay! Please!" Yoongi cried out , both from the sudden attack and from seeing his 'mate' gone feral.

Authors note:
(Yoongi is still not of age, but is referring Jungkook as his mate as he knows Jungkook can feel the bond.
Don't get confused, yoongi cannot feel the full extent of the mates bond yet)

Jungkook stopped and stared into yoongis eyes. He saw fear in the young Omegas.
Jungkook let go of the alpha below him and wrapped his arms tightly around yoongis waist.
Yoongi in turn wrapped his arms tighter around Jungkooks neck, whispering soothing words in an attempt to calm the feral alpha.

"I'm okay, I'm safe, you saved me, I'm okay" yoongi repeated while stroking Jungkooks hair, a habit his mother used to calm yoongi as a child.
He hoped it had the same calming effect on Jungkook.

For a few moments they held each other.
Paced breathing and yoongis soft words being the only sound on the room.

"We need to ask him.." Jin whispered into his mates ear, signalling him towards the pair in the floor.
Namjoons sighs and cautiously makes his way towards them.

"Yoongi..."
Namjoon is cut off by a short, yet threatening growl from Jungkook.
"Mine" he growls, sinking his head further into yoongis shoulder, tightening his grip around his waist.

"H-hey..." yoongi coos, pushing his head back to make eye contact with Jungkook, "I-I'm Okay... see! You came.. j-just in time" yoongi gave a small smile.
He was still shaken up by the previous attack, his distress scent still flooding the room.
But now he focused on Jungkook.
Sure he couldn't feel the bond, but he knew that Jungkook did. And he respects that. He doesn't want to neglect or outcast the alpha simply for the feelings he cannot control.
Anyways, no one wants a feral alpha, it's too dangerous.
So for now yoongi wears a brave smile.

"S-safe?" Jungkook croaks, barely above a whisper.
"Safe." Yoongi gives a genuine smile this time, and a small nod to emphasise his point.

Once yoongi could feel Jungkooks arms loosen around his waist, he slowly leaned back more, putting some space between the two, who sat in a somewhat awkward position.

"Let's try this again.." Namjoon murmurs,
"Yoongi?"

Both Jungkook and yoongi face the alpha, before yoongi gives a small nod.

"What happened yoongs?"

Yoongi froze for a moment, quickly glancing at the two 'sleeping' Alphas.
"T-they're from my pack kinda. T-they wanted t-to take me to head alpha. T-they grabbed my hair... and c-called me names.. I g-got so s-scared I ju- I just-"
Yoongi began to stutter incoherently as Jungkook rubbed soothing circles into his back.

Namjoon studied the two attackers, not recognising them from his old pack.

"Jimin, hoseok, tie these two up and bring them to head Alpha, they attacked an omega, the future pack leaders omega at that. This must be questioned" Namjoon states, his voice laced with authority.
"Jin, can you bring Yoongi to the clinic and check him for any injuries. Taehyung please assist him,"

"Yes Joonie"
"Yes Namjoon" the pair responded while slowly making their way towards the youngest omega.

Jungkook tightened his grip once again, he's no longer feral, yet his alpha is still running on caution, and protecting his omega means everything.

"Hey kook, it's just us. And we just want to make sure yoongi is okay, okay?" Jin asks in a soothing voice, reaching an arm out towards yoongi.

Jungkook simply stares at Jim's hand before facing yoongi again.
Yoongi looks at him sympathetically. He felt guilty for making the alpha so riled up.
"I'll be okay" his whispers to the alpha, who has a death grip once again on his hips.

"Me and Jin will take him down to the-"

"I'll take him" Jungkook interrupts Tae before standing slowly. His arms moving from yoongis hips, to under his knees and back as Jungkook carries him bridal style.

Yoongis face flushes bright red from embarrassment.
He opens his mouth to protest, when he notices the fear in Jungkooks face.
His jaw is tense and his eyes still dark.
Although yoongi cannot feel the bond, Jungkook could, which made this scene all the more terrifying for him.

Yoongi simply wraps his arms around Jungkooks neck, an automatic reaction to prevent him losing balance , And allows Jungkook to carry him to where he needed to go.

*******************************************
Meanwhile...

"Alpha Jeon, sorry to disturb you", Namjoon states half covered by the door.

"Oh Namjoon, come in, what can I do for you?" Head Alpha Jeon asks, lifting his head from the paper work that lay in heafty piles on the large oak desk.

"Well sir," Namjoon starts, making his way to stand before the desk, "I'm afraid there's been an incident I have to report"

"Oh, is everything alright?" Head Alpha asks, standing from his desk.

"Well its hard to say," Namjoon awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

Head Alpha Jeon just stares back, gesturing for Namjoon to continue.

"Do you remember me explaining that my cousin was coming?"

"Of course, you were so excited when you told me! Hes part of the PlumOpal pack, yes?"

"Yes sir, unfortunately the incident involves him, and his pack."

Head Alpha motions for Namjoon to sit as he explains everything.

From his concerns about Yoongis treatment in his pack, to todays attack. Namjoon let it all out, praying that this will help his favourite, cousin.

*******************************************
That's the end of the chapter!
Hope you all enjoyed!
Please excuse some of my issues in grammar, I'm trying some new writing styles so please bare with it for now
Thank you all so much for reading and I love you all so much ☺️
See you again soon!
Bye!

Word count : 1209

SweetMissyL
Xox