Kabanata X - Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Hazel
Written by: yeexizx

Coldy's POV

"Did something happen to Charlie's mother in the past?"

"Bakit mo naitanong?" she replied as she raised an eyebrow.

"Charlie and I had bummed each other. Mafia together with her friends bullied her for being stupid, spilling orange juice on her hair." I explained and her eyes widened.

"Anong ganap mo doon then? 'Wag mong sabihin na..." she said angrily.

I nodded. "I admit that instead of helping he—"

When it comes to this, I've always trusted Divina. I'm a jerk, while she's the type of friend who always has a solution to every situation.

Pinutol niya ako. "WHAT!? BAKIT NIYO GINAWA 'YON!? ALAM MO BANG NAGLULUKSA SIYA SA PAGKAMATAY NG INA NIYA TAPOS AASARIN MO PA NG GANOON?! ARE YOU FOR REAL?!" pasigaw niyang usal.

Because of Divina's yelling, the other Royalties took a close look at us. Divina shifted her gaze to them and gave them a wicked look. She also gave them a wag-nga-kayong-mangialam-look.

"I said, I have no idea about her mother. Hindi ko alam na napasobra na pala ang pagiging gago ko."

She smirked. "Ngayon kalang nagkaganiyan after 9 years, huh? Kung sa ibang babae mo 'yan ginawa, I know wala kang pakialam. Pero kay Charlie? Hm..."

"Come on... Napakafishy mo."

I looked at her. "What are you trying to say then?"

Mahinhin naman itong tumawa. "Ngayon ka lang ulit nagka-interes sa ibang babae... As far as I remember, kay Hazel kalang nagkainteres."

Napaiwas ako ng tingin nang maalala si Hazel. She was my first love and my everything.

Flashback:

I'm not even happy about this mission since I don't want to be too far away from Arteya. Fuck, Bakit pa kasi ako?

"Why would that Headmaster choose me to travel in the world of humans. It could be Alex or Divina!" I whispered aloud.

I entered the human world through the portal and discovered the woodland. I teleported to our old house, where we used to stay when we were on a mission. According to the Headmaster, someone already lives there. The Headmaster only mentioned that there is an elderly lady who lives there, hindi niya pinangalanan 'to.

I noticed a woman watering the yard while wearing a mask, and I knew she would look better if she took it off. I entered inside and saw an elderly woman whose beauty had not faded despite her age.

"Maligayang pagbabalik, Prinsepe. Ako si Inang." pagbati niya sa akin.

"If you don't mind my asking, who is the lovely veiled woman watering your lawn?" I asked.

She smiled. "Pinangalanan ko siyang Hazel." Inang replied to me.

She didn't even mention the real name of the woman I saw outside, which perplexed and saddened me at the time. I was about to drop off my belongings when that woman named Hazel entered.

"Lola? Sino 'yan?" Hazel asked.

I'm not sure why I smiled when she asked who I am; I just wish I'm normal like everyone else so I may freely like anyone I choose.

"Hazel, siya ang anak ng kaibigan ng aking ina. Siya si Prinsepe Coldy." Inang explained with a frown.

"Ha? Anong Hazel!? Ang pangalan ko a—"

"Huwag kanang magreklamo. Ikaw si Hazel sa ngayon. Maliwanag ba?" Inang said, Hazel just nodded.

"Oo na! Relax ka lang, La! Lalo kang pumapangit 'pag na-iistress ka eh!" she laughed.

Every time she laughs, I like to gaze at her because she looks like a tiny angel. She is the most lovely person I've ever. I once asked Inang what her real name was, but she refused, kaya hindi nalang ako nangulit.

Hazel and I grew closer as the time passed, and I spent over two months in the world of people looking for the princess who had gone missing. Hazel's eyes shone brightly and were colored red.

As time goes on, I love her even more.

I'm afraid because my stay here in the human world is limited.

It got to the point where I only had one week left. I don't want to be apart from her yet, but I can't because I have a lot of obligations in my life as a prince.

The saddest time in my life occurred soon after. Our paths are being diverged.

I'm occasionally perplexed by her constant masking, as if she's concealing something.

"Hazel?" I yelled out to her, and she turned to face me and moved closer.

"I wish you would trust me, and I hope you don't think I'm not serious," I added, frowning.

"H-Hazel, you know how much I adore you. When we first met, although I know it's against the rules since it's too risky for us. I'll still going to give you something that I hope you won't forget. Please don't lose it. Ito nalang ang bagay na magpapaalala sa 'yo kung sino at ano ako." I sadly said.

I gave her a heart-shaped necklace with the letter "H" written on it.

"H-Hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko... Pero... Gusto kong malaman mo na palagi kang narito sa puso ko. Mag-iingat ka sa mundo mo." she genuinely replied and hugged me tightly.

I couldn't help but to kiss her. What I did makes me nervous, but her response to my kisses surprised me even more.

"Goodbye." were my last words before I disappeared.

Those times were particularly painful for me since I could see her tears and anguish in her eyes.

I found out what had happened to her and Inang nine years later, so I secluded myself in my room for a long period until I forgot about her.

They were both slaughtered by the Darkenians, according to reports.

I still can't believe they're normal people; they're too odd. If they were just ordinary, why would the Darkenians attack them?

End of Flashback

"I'm aware of my behavior. There are big difference between being interested and confusion; I have no sentiments for her." I remarked.

"Parehas na rin 'yon. interesado ka talagang malaman kung ano talaga siya. Namatay ang ina ni Charlie dahil sa mga Darkenians. Sobrang sakit para sa kanya no'n dahil 'yun nalang ang natitira niyang pamilya. Hindi ko siya masisisi kung sobrang hina niya pagdating sa gano'n na usapan." she replied.

"Charlie was very hurt and promised herself that she would take revenge from Darkenians." she added in response.

I smirked. "That's why she acted like that huh..."

She rolled her eyes. "I hope you will learn your lesson in your next insult and before you get into something personal like family. Dahil kung ulitin mo 'yun kay Charlie," itinaas niya naman ang kamay niya na may yelo. "...Kahit pa apoy ka, hindi ako magdadalawang-isip na labanan ka."

"Yes. Don't worry, I'll be careful next time. Thank you, Divina." I replied.

"You're welcome. You apologize to her right now. Nasaktan 'yon sa kagaguhan mo." she answered and smiled broadly, I just nodded.

I disappeared using teleportation and return to my seat because levelling was about to begin.

-
The Lost Princess. Chapter 10. Fantasy.