seven : rumour has it

For those who live in fear,
just know that you're not alone.

*~*~*

Where there's a spark, there's fire

Where there's a spark, there's fire. Only this time, it's the start of a catastrophic hellfire.

*~*~*

I woke up alone. He was nowhere on the bed. My first thought was that he was probably in the shower or busy in the kitchen. Tyler was an early riser, after all, he was wide awake once his feet touched the ground and he'd stay wide awake throughout the day.

I, on the other hand, was not a morning person. I hated waking up. Be it for school or on weekends. I was one of those bed-huggers. The longer I stayed on the bed, the happier I was. I'd be grumpy the whole day if I didn't get enough sleep. Tyler knew of this, which was why he'd never wake me up unless it was necessary.

I stretched my body across the king-sized bed and then stared at the ceiling for a solid five minutes, contemplating my way from bed to the fridge. I pushed myself up and made a small trip to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face before heading to the kitchen. A sticky note was placed on the counter by the fridge.

I'm going in early after the gym. I'll pick you up later. Ty

I widened my eyes, picked up the note, and reread the message one more time. Did he say 'gym'? I had no idea he was a gym rat. For all I knew, the only sport he'd like to do was jogging. I crumpled the note and tossed it into the bin.

One thing I enjoyed in the morning was juice and right now I craved something a little sour. I grabbed the orange juice and took a glass from the cupboard. I poured myself a good amount and then downed it in one go. By the time I went back to the bedroom to pick up clean clothes, my phone buzzed. It was from Jess.

Good luck on your first day! Sorry I was too drunk to function last night.

I smiled and quickly typed a reply.

It's ok. How's the hangover?

Her reply was fast and short.

A bitch.

I laughed and tossed my phone on the bed. I was about to grab a T-shirt but then prompted myself as I remember that no one could get away the first day at school by wearing a T-shirt. The first impression was everything these days. So I grabbed a maroon halter top and a pair of black jeans.

I took a shower as if my nerves weren't a wreck. As if my mind wasn't racing and my heart wasn't beating with anticipation. It was the first day, I finally went to the University of my dream.

I got ready pretty quickly. Judging by how my hands shook as I pulled my hair back into a high ponytail on the top of my head, putting eyeliner on wasn't a good idea. I might accidentally stab my eyeball and risk getting blind. So I kept my makeup simple, with foundation, and setting powder. At this time I missed Jess and her killer makeup skill. She'd fix my makeup real quick and without a hitch.