nine : friends

When I'm with you all I get is wild thoughts
Wild, wild, wild.
— Harry Styles, Wild Thoughts

I folded my arms around myself and looked at her in defiance

I folded my arms around myself and looked at her in defiance. There was no way I let someone like her intimidate me. "It's funny how the people who know me the least have the most to say."

She raised her brows and tried to look down at me from her five-inches high heels. "Oh, she talks. I thought you just nod your head while banging someone else's boyfriend and the admission board."

"Watch your mouth, Margo, she and I are just friends," said Frazier as he moved until he stood right in front of me, the side of his arm almost touching my shoulder. "And she didn't sleep with the admission board."

I looked at him in surprise. I thought he said that he didn't do take-backs yet here he was, revising his own words. Did he do that because we were friends now or did he just have a change of heart? Whichever it was, I wasn't the kind of girl who would hide behind a guy or stood there in silence and wait for someone to rescue me.

Margo, or whoever her name was, slid her gaze from Frazier to me, then back at Frazier, as if deciding her next move. "Don't be ridiculous, honey." She unclasped her hands and put one hand on his shoulder. Her mouth wore the warm flush of a wild rose, and the same shade was echoed in the polish that enhanced her manicured nails. Her hand held him possessively as if showing her claim while her gaze sent me a warning.

Seriously, if anything, she should send the warning to his loose boyfriend who just kissed me inside the janitor's closet a few minutes ago. If it wasn't because of me and my strength of will, she would've caught us in a compromising position.

Frazier took her hand off him and put it back on the side of her body. "Then don't talk shît about my friend either." Funny how he was the one who started the rumor, but I kept my mouth shut. It was better to have him on my side than as an enemy.

Margo had the nerve to roll her eyes. "I'm not talking shit about her. It's fact. Didn't you say the same thing at the party last night?"

I saw Frazier's body go rigid. I would've said the same thing if I were her. He was the one responsible for all of this to happen.

"Besides," she continued. "It's no surprise really, considering she banged her English teacher in high school." She slid her gaze back at me as her lips curled into a mocking smile. "What was his name again? Joe? Joseph?"

I froze. My whole body felt like a statue, I couldn't move, not even a limb. How did she find out about my relationship with Joe? There were only a few people knew about it. Did she know someone from Carlton? Even if she knew someone, there was no guarantee that someone knew about this. So far only Tyler and my best friends knew. And maybe villain X too but the rest of the kids in Carlton didn't know about this.