forty one : sex & regrets

Why is it so dark where you're not here
It's dangerous how wrecked I am
Save me because I can't get a grip on myself
Listen to my heartbeat
It calls you whenever it wants to
Because within this pitch black darkness
You are shining so brightly
Give me your hand save me save me
I need your love before I fall, fall
BTS

Why is it so dark where you're not hereIt's dangerous how wrecked I amSave me because I can't get a grip on myselfListen to my heartbeatIt calls you whenever it wants toBecause within this pitch black darknessYou are shining so brightlyGive me you...

VINCENT

Dad asked me to pick Shanelle up since there was something happening at Carlton High that required his presence

Dad asked me to pick Shanelle up since there was something happening at Carlton High that required his presence. He mentioned something about a group of snobby boys, a nickname he had for the Crown boys. I knew those boys were trouble but I never thought they would do something on Dad's special day or weekend. I had seen two of them during the rehearsal so it must be the other three.

Once I parked the car in the parking lot at the hotel's basement, I went up to the first floor using the lift. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Shanelle, letting her know that I had arrived. Her reply came shortly after,

Still explaining things to Autumn. I'll let you know once it's finished.

The mention of her name brought me back to the scene I had seen earlier and without delay, my chest grew tight. I briefly closed my eyes, convulsively swallowing the lump I had in my throat. I was not ready to meet her. Not because I was hurt, which I was despite not having any right to be hurt or upset considering I was the one who had pushed her away, but because I could not have her see me like this. If she saw how heartbroken I was, she would suspect something was wrong. I was supposed to be cold, heartless, and distant.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of the lift and walked towards the ballroom. There was a small living room outside, nearby the window and I sat on the couch. I knew they were inside, I could hear them talking, which was why it was better for me to be out here.

"So that's it? I don't have to plan for a bachelorette party or order strippers?" Her voice. God, how I missed her voice.

I heard my sister laugh. "No, no. Mom doesn't want any of that. She's quite simple-minded. Plus, Dad wouldn't let her near any strippers. He's quite possessive, not that he would admit that."