sixteen : irish pub

Let's set each other's lonely nights
Be each other's paradise
Need a picture for my frame
Someone to share my ring
Tell me what you wanna drink
- Justin Bieber

Let's set each other's lonely nightsBe each other's paradiseNeed a picture for my frameSomeone to share my ringTell me what you wanna drink- Justin Bieber

TYLER

"So you're saying that you moved to New York because you thought your dad loves your stepsister more than he loves you?" I stared at Faith incredulously. She always acted wiser than her age so I was surprised when she told me that she was jealous of her stepsister.

Faith narrowed her eyes in disapproval. "I didn't think. I know he loves her more than he loves me." She sliced the tiramisu cake with her fork and brought it to her mouth.

Her father remarried after the divorce was finalized and had a one-year-old daughter. She lived with them for six months before moving out to live in New York instead.

"She's one year old, she's a baby, of course, he would spend more time with her. Or else your stepmom will have so much to do if he doesn't help." I raised my cup to my lips and drank the remaining. I put the empty cup back on the saucer.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes. Faith cleared her throat and put both elbows on the table as she leaned forward. "So, how is your love life? When can I see this lovely girlfriend of yours?" I flinched when she mentioned Autumn. Typical Faith, she didn't miss a single thing. "What? What happened?"

I swallowed hard. "We had a fight."

"Oh." She gave me an apologetic smile. "About what? I'm good when it comes to relationships, maybe I could help you." She shrugged. "Give you some advice, maybe?" offered her.

"About you, actually," I answered. "I lied to her about where I was yesterday and she was angry about it." I ran one hand through my hair frustratedly.

"Dude," countered Faith. "Are you stupid?"

I frowned. "Huh?"

"She was angry about you meeting me and two hours ago you didn't think that this is a bad idea?!" Her eyebrows lifted and she looked at me as if I just turned into a big purple dinosaur right in front of her eyes.

"This." She pointed at me and herself. "Us. Spending time in a cafe while your girlfriend is mad. Gosh, guys can be so dumb." She shook her head. "Ty, you had a fight with her about you meeting your ex-girlfriend last night and the next day you're doing exactly that."

"But I didn't call you or text you." My frown deepened as I tried and failed to understand her point of view. "We met by accident."

Faith rolled her eyes at me. "But you invited yourself to join me here."

"You were carrying three humongous books!" I pointed at the books beside her. "I can't let you carry them by yourself."

"I've been carrying them around all day. I won't pass out carrying them for a short walk from school to here." She paused and swallowed. "Look, you need to go to her right now. Explain to her that we're just friends and there's nothing going on between us anymore."