thirty one : past

There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep, please come back now
There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason that I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now
I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you and fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason
There goes my hands shaking
And you are the reason my heart keeps bleeding
I need you now
If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day keeping you safe
- Calum Scott, You Are The Reason

There goes my heart beating'Cause you are the reasonI'm losing my sleep, please come back nowThere goes my mind racingAnd you are the reason that I'm still breathingI'm hopeless nowI'd climb every mountainAnd swim every oceanJust to be with you an...

AUTUMN

I chewed and swallowed. "What do you mean?" I tried to take another tiny bite and refrained from eating like someone who hadn't seen pizza in years.

"When I visited William, I told you this the other day. I met you in Carlton." He finished his pizza and downed his wine. "Remember that time when you saved Everly from drowning?"

"Everly? Why did that name sound so familiar?" I spent one full minute searching this name in my brain database but found none. "Who's Everly?"

Frazier laughed. "Nathaniel's little sister," he provided the answer yet I still couldn't figure out the story. "Cunningham Falls? Remember anything?" I shook my head shyly as I blamed my brain. "Well, we went there with the others, I think you were in a car with Castile, your boyfriend, and your petite Asian friend."

"Mey." I nodded to let him continue the story.

"When we were busy getting drunk, we didn't notice that Everly fell into the lake and couldn't swim. You were the one brave enough to jump and save her life. I think Niel owed you a great deal considering his ass is on the line if something happened to Everly."

The mention of Niel refreshed my memory. "Oh! I remember! Why didn't you just mention Eve and Niel?! I would've instantly remembered."

"Because," he said as he raised one brow and leaned forward, "unlike those guys, I don't use the weird shortened version of their names. I'd like to call them using the normal ones: Castile, Raphael, Orlando, William, and Nathaniel."

My eyes narrowed to slits. "I'm sure I heard you mentioning Cas and Liam before."

"Okay, maybe I did but not to the other three. It feels weird saying Owl, Raph, and Niel. What kind of names are those?" He shook his head in disbelief. "Especially Niel and Owl. I still don't get it. Why didn't he use Nate instead? I wouldn't mind calling him Nate."

"I like Niel." I gave my shoulder a small shrug. "It sounds more original and less GG."

Frazier frowned. "What's GG?"

"Gossip Girl," I answered like a true fan although I stopped watching after season four. "You know, Nathaniel Archibald played by the hot Chase Crawford?"

He shook his head. "I've never watched that."

"Anyway, I like Niel more than Nate." I took a sip of my wine. "Sadly, bud," I paused and patted his shoulder lightly. "Even though I remember the incident, I don't remember you."