55

Why isn't he saying anything? Tori watched his face fall and turn pale as the words escaped the back of her throat. Intantly she felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach. She can't take it any longer, covering her mouth with her small hands, she ran into the bathroom. As if her stomach knew she was in front of the toilet, she hurled. The embarrassment alone made her sick. She's never had someone admit their love to her, nor has she ever admitted her love to anyone. Now she knows why.

"Victoria." Hee husband's voice was low and gentle.

"Please don't." She mumbled while holding her hair back.

"Victoria-."

"No, Carter." Her voice came out in a harsh whisper, holding up her hand to stop him, she meets his gaze. "It's okay, I understand you don't feel the same." She stands to her feet, grabbing some toilet paper to wipe her mouth. "I've got to go brush my teeth." She gagged before dashing out of his room entirely.

Why the fuck didn't he say anything? Why the hell did he let her believe he doesn't love her? Was it because he's never accepted someone's love? Maybe it was because he's never looked at a woman the way he does her and he doesn't know how to express it. Or... Maybe it just isn't the time to tell her.

"What happened to little red?" Connor pointed down the hall as he approached Carter's room.

"Nothing." Carter hissed through gritted teeth.

"She looks pissed." Connor narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing man?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" The CEO grabbed his phone off the night table. Checking his messages trying to avoid the conversation Connor is trying to have.

"I heard what happened. I thought you loved this girl?"

"Mind your own damn business Connor." Carter's tone held a warning.

"Well Fuck Carter." The FBI agent rose his voice. "That's not how you treat someone you love."

Without a response, Carter pushes past his friend. He doesn't need this shit right now, he's got shit handle. There's no way in hell he can get emotional right now when her life is in danger.

The moment he stepped outside, he took a breath of fresh air and felt his shoulders relax. The smell of cigarette smoke engulfed his senses.

"Can I get one of those?" He asked his wife kindly.

"Of course." She offered him a smile along with a cigarette and a lighter.

"Thanks." He mumbled.

Luckily it doesn't feel awkward at all, it's almost as if she didn't confess her love. Although the look of pain was clear in her eyes.

"Where are you going?" She asked while wrapping her lips around her cancer stick.

"I'm going to my side business's hide away to deal with shit."

"I wanna go." She chimed.

"Victoria, No."

"Yes." She rose from the concret step. "I'm going to go change, wait here." She gives him a dazzling smile before running into the house.

He doesn't have to wait, this is the perfect opportunity to leave. He's taking to long to think about this, she's gonna be coming out any second now. No... That'd be a big douche bag move, not to mention she would just bitch at him for it. To his surprise he felt a smile spread across his face at the thought of such a small woman lecturing him, her face as red as her hair.

"Okay, I'm ready." Tori poked his bicep as she waltzed to the matte black Mercedes-Benz.

With one final heavy sigh, he follows persuit and peels out of the snake like drive way.