49

song for this chapter is. Miss indepent by Ne-yo

"Are you almost ready?" Carter hollered from the other side of Victoria's bedroom door.

"I wanna wear the black dress." She whined.

"Victoria if you walk out here in that dress, expecting to go to the party like that. I don't think I'd be able to stop myself from ripping it off of you." His voice was low ans husky with a warning laced in his seductive words.

She throws her door open, one of her small hands was placed on her round hips while the other was pressed against the door frame.

"You mean this black dress?" She rose a brow with a smug smirk.

What game is she playing at?

"I'm warning you Victoria, go put the red one on. Please."

She refused to move.

"Fine." He growled darkly. "I will deal with it later, we need to go now." He couldn't tear his eyes away from the slit in the dress. Her red lacey thong was replaced with a deep purple and black one. "I can see your thong." He pointed to the slit.

Her smirk kept it's place on her face as she dropped the fabric balled up under her hand. "I know." She gave him a small wink before walking towards the front door.

"Wait... What?" He mumbled to himself.

What's gotten into his little vixen? He turned around to follow her only for his eyes to shoot down to her lower back. Her beautiful red locks cascaded down her bare back. His eyes traveled upward, the dim sunlight hit her face perfectly. Her lime green eyes began to glow along with her complexion. She gave a small smile while pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

Carter could feel his heart beat quicken, a small smile broke acrossed his face. She's beautiful, the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. Suddenly it's doesn't just seem like lust anymore... No, it's something much stronger.

"Oh Fuck..." He gasped out loud. Carter has just realised what he felt for Victoria.

"Carter are yo-."

"Let's go, right now." He snapped before walking quickly past her. No. He's not doing this shit, it's a fake fucking marriage. There's no way in damn hell that he could feel this way about her. She signed the fucking contract for crying out loud.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She questioned as they made their way outside to the car.

"I'm not in the mood Victoria." He growled harshly, running his hand through his slicked back chestnut hair.

"If it's the dress, I'll go change. I-."

"Damnit Victoria, it's not the damn dress." Carter shouted. He closes his eyes before shaking his head. "Fuck, please get in the car. I'm sorry for yelling, it wasn't directed towards you. Just please, let's go before we're late. It's already five thirty."

"Yeah, sorry." She offered him a small smile before opening her door and getting in.

"Oh sweet Victoria, what are you doing to me?" He whispered to himself before he opened the driver side door and sliding in.

***********

Carter couldn't stand the thirsty looks all the men were sending Victoria's way, it pissed him off deeply. Slinging an arm around her waist and pulling her in, he sends the men death glares.

"I wish you wouldn't of worn that dress Victoria." He spoke seductively in her ear.

Confused, Tori looks up to meet his eyes. What is he talking about? All these men staring at her? Does he really think those looks are anything less than harsh judgment?

"What are you talking about?"

"All these men, eye fucking you." His tone grew sharper.

"You really see that? I thought they were giving me dirty looks and judging me." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Believe me, they are but not in the way you're thinking." His arm tightened even more around her as a man around his age approached them.

"You're Mr.Johnson, correct?" The man was shorter than Carter with a way smaller build. His eyes a shady grey and his hair dusty blonde.

"Who's asking?" Carter's voice was stern.

"Jerry Shuttle, Mr.Shuttle's son."

"Then yes, I'm Mr.Johnson." Carter outstrechted his hand for the young Shuttle to shake.

"It's great to meet you Sir, my father asked me to ask if you would be as kind to meet us in the living area after the toast?" The man gladly shook Carter's much larger hand.

"I'll be there." He nodded. "One question, how did you know Who to look for?"

"My father said to look for the man with the most beautiful red head I will ever see." He smile tenderly to Victoria, Jerry's eyes never left Victoria's face. "My, you really are the most beautiful red head I've ever seen, in fact. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

Carter didn't know what hit him, jealousy maybe but he put one finger under Tori's chin, lifted her head up and kissed her deeply. For a moment Tori stood there shocked but slowly fluttered her eyes closed and kissed him back.

The kiss felt like a lifetime, but in a good way. Disappointment struck Victoria hard when her husband pulled away.

"This is Victoria, my wife." Carter introduced them. The kiss alone made Carter's mind go crazy with emotions. Part of him wanted to take her into another room and take her from behind, while the other part wanted to hold her and protect to from anything. Especially from all these thritsy men.

"Oh yes, of course. My bad." He smiled at Carter kindly. "Please enjoy the party." With that, he walked away.

"You wanna dance?" Carter grabbed his wife's hand and led her to the middle of the room were the rest of the guest were dancing. He spun her around in a circle before pulling her into him. His large hands found their way Tori's waist. Her back pressed tightly to Carter's chest, they swayed back and forth before he spun her around quickly. Their faces dangerously close.

"Victoria." His dark eyes met her bright ones. "I think I lov-."

"Carter! Great to see you here too."

"David?" Carter's eyes widen in surprise. "Why are you here?"

"I'm friends with Jerry." He smirked. "Why are you here?"

"A job." Anger washed over Carter. He was furious his brother interuppted him, Every time he goes to confess to Tori. Somebody interrupts.