26

Tori was impressed by the workplace she was in, everyone was dressed as if they were meeting the president, she found herself walking around a large white room with a stretch out table fitted for maybe forty people. The chair at the head of the table was much bigger than all the other, immediately she knew what room this was.

"Ah hello, you must be the new girl, Veronica right?"

Tori turned around to meet a handsome young man, his long hair pulled into a low pony tail, he shirt loosely hanging off him, wrinkles had covered his shirt and business pants. The smell of cigarette smoke flowed off him, and flew into Tori's nostrils making her crave one herself.

"It's Victoria, most people call me Tori." She narrowed her eyes at young man with pitch black hair and hazel eyes.

As he smiled, dimples appeared at the ends of his smile. He was charming in a friendly way.

"Would you like to head outside with me?" He asked his eyes never leaving hers.

"I would like that actually."

As the make their way outside Tori pulls out half a pack of cigarettes, setting one between her plump lips she lights her menthol cancer stick and takes a long drag. A cloud of smoke exited her throat, swarming in front of her before it finally disappeared in the morning air.

"Who are you engaged to?" He asked taking a drag of his cigarette pointing towards the simple ring on her slim finger.

"Carter Johnson." She smirked.

The dark haired man choked on the smoke that launched it's self in the back of this throat.

"You're engaged to the owner of the company?" The shock in his voice was apparent.

"Yep." Tori starred off into space. She was going marry the CEO of this company, for one year. She wouldn't tell the stranger that though, she actually planned on flaunting the ring in front of the blonde bimbo she saw yesterday at the fancy lunch. "You never gave me your name." She smiled.

"Dominic." He returned her warm smile.

"It's nice to mee-"

"Victoria?" A stern familiar voice cut her off.

She quickly turned to see the owner of the voice that interrupted her conversations.

"David." She spoke happily, she was thrilled to see a familiar face. "You work for Carter?"

The younger brother nearly died of laughter. "Oh you sweet girl, no i own a completely different company. I'm here to see Carter."

"Oh, well let me take you to him." She offered him a small smile before flicking her cigarette away into the large ashtray beside the door. "I'll see you around Dominic."

He waved her off with a smile.

"Here you are." Tori stopped at the door that had Carter's name imprinted on a metal piece that was bolted to the heavy thick door. "He's doing a lot of paper work." She warns.

"Thank you Tori." David's hand laid against her small shoulder. The fabric under his palm was thin, he swore he could feel her delicate skin.

"No problem, if he asks you where I am tell him I'm in the ladies room."

"Will do." He laughed softly as she walked away.

********

"You have your fiancé working for you?" David questions as he plops himself down in the chair in front of his older brothers desk, his legs hanging off the arm of the chair.