22

Carter had already left for the important lunch while Tori was at the house getting ready, she didn't mind him leaving for a bit so she could surprise him with her new dress. At least he told her first.

"Miss Walters?" Ed knocks on the main bathroom door. "Mr. Johnson called and said he needs to there now, I don't mean to rush but I really like my job." He lets a small nervous laugh fall from his lips.

"I'm ready." She says politely as she opens the heavy wooden door. "Do I look okay?"

Ed smiled softly at the beautiful woman in front of him. "You look beautiful."

Tori thanked the older man while they walked outside. Ed opened the back door of the stretched out car for Tori. She caught a glimpse of her reflection in the review mirror, even though she applied her makeup, the scars showed through. A flicker of doubt and embarrassment crawl their way to her mind. She quickly pushes the thoughts away as Ed enters the drives side, putting the keys in the ignition and starting up the car before pulling out of the long drive way.

***********

Carter mentally punched himself in the face for agreeing to have the lunch at his main company. His patiences was growing thin, Tori is taking too long to get here. Feeling someone's eyes on his back he turns around.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." He growls to himself when she spots a familiar blonde making her way to him.

"Carter, how are?" Mary smiled inching closer to him.

"Fine." He took a drink of his champagne. Champagne, he doesn't even like champagne.

"I've missed you." Mary purrs as she points out her chest.

Carter's eyes never leave her eyes. Confused by his own actions, he turns to walk away from the babbling blonde. He notices everyone's attention is directed to the front of the enormous room. When he turns around following their stares, his breath is knocked out of him.

The sight in front of him nearly makes him fall to his knees. His dark eyes scanned her up and down, the dark green dressed shaped her body perfectly, the lighter green lace sleeves pulled it all together. Her crimson red hair was in a high elegant bun, she looked like a goddess.

A snorting laugh came from beside him.

"Who let scar face in here?" Mary snorted once more.

Fury rose inside of Carter faster than any wildfire.

"I suggest you keep your snarky comments to yourself, or you can kiss your job goodbye." He growled at the easy blonde next to him before plastering a gentle smile on his face as the red head stopped in front of him. "Mary, meet my fiancé Victoria."

Tori stuck out her hand with a friendly smile, waiting for the beautiful blonde to shake it. "Hello, it's really nice to meet you."

Mary doesn't take Tori's hand, instead Mary gives Tori a disgusted look before walking away.

"Don't worry about her, she isn't anyone special." Carter coaxed in his soon to be wife's ear. "You look lovely tonight." It took everything in him not to try to rip her away from this party.

"You do too." She smiles warmly.

"Carter, my son." An older man with a smirk laughed. "This must be your fiancé." He gently grabbed her hand and planted a small kiss on her knuckles. "It's a pleasure to meet you Victoria, my wife has told me all about you."