27

This morning was slow, and tiring. Traffic was back up, cars repeatedly honked at other cars. Rush hour isn't the best way to spend her morning, but it beats watching Carter scowl her all morning without even speaking before he left for 'confidential business.' He's always going off doing something shady, he also has a gun. Tori's thoughts drifted to the steel door downstairs, at first she assumed it was just a basement but it's locked with eight different types of locks. Every time she musters up the courage to look around for the keys, he comes home.

"Miss. Walters we're here." Ed turned around in his seat to inform his bosses fiancé.

"Oh, thank you so much Ed." Her eyes showed she was still in deep thought. "Hey Ed, do you have any idea where Carter is this morning or more or less where he disappears to?"

The older man found it hard to lie to her, her eyes filled with worry, crimson red brows knitted forward. She looked desperate for answers, but there weren't his to give.

"Miss. Walters you're going to be late." He offered her the warmest smile he could give. "I'll pick you up around five today."

"Well hello Tori." Dominic purred stalking beside her.

"Hello Dominic." Tori laughed softly before making her way to Carter's office.

All he said to her this morning was, he was going to be busy with 'personal business' and to sign the paperwork that comes into his office. She knows he was still angry with her, he doesn't know Erica hell, Tori doesn't even know Erica very well. The tall blonde could always go around telling everyone she smoked with the Carter Johnson's fiancé.

"Woah. I've never seen his office before, it's massive." Dominic spun around.

"Yeah. I'm not sure he would like it if other people were in his office without his permission." Tori rose a brow with an amused smile.

"I'll leave if you agree to have lunch with me and my boyfriend."

Tori's breath lodged its way back into her throat, she had no idea he had a boyfriend.

"I'd love too." She squealed, wrapping her arms him in a friendly embrace.

"Well, well Well." A woman's voice caused Tori to pull away from her friend.

"What are you doing back here?" Tori's voice came out harsher than she intended.

"I came to see if that sexy hunk was in today." Mary twirled her her blonde hair around her red painted fingers. "I was hoping to have another one of our private meetings."

Tori's heart twisted and fell to the pit of her stomach, she felt nauseous and light headed.

A bright flash of light caught Tori's attention, Mary's rose gold phone was clutched in her hands and a sly skirt creeping on her face.

"Let's see what your fiancé thinks about this."

"Mary you don't understand, he's just my friend."

The blonde laughed for what seemed like minutes. "And send."

Oh shit... Tori's going to hear it now.

*********

"What happened to him?" Carter pointed to fairly thin corpse lying on the ground.

Mike sighed heavily. "He said some pretty nasty stuff about your girlfriend, and well David ordered me not to feed him anything. Along side that we all beat him up pretty bad."

"David isn't your boss. I am your boss." Carter yelled stomping towards the nasty mess under the chains. "What did he say about Victoria?"

"Believe me Sir, you wouldn't want to know."

No, he doesn't want to know. If Mike wouldn't tell him what James had said in the first place, then it had to be bad.

"Alright." Carter stood up straight dusting his pants off. "Let's get our shit, and burn this place to the ground."

Mike nodded in agreement or more of nodding in obedience. He doesn't want to test Carter's patience today.

Smoke flew above the tops of tree, the cabin was engulfed in bright orange flames. Carter was grateful the cabin was in the middle of woods, far, far away from society.

"What about the woods?" Mike questioned.

"It'll die out, call some of the other guys and make sure it doesn't spread, once the cabin is destroyed call nine one one and get the grill out of here."

"Yes sir."

Carter climbed into the driver seat of his car, he pulled out his phone to check his messages.

Two picture messages from an unknown number.

Worry immediately pushed its self down Carter's throat, he doesn't have anything to worry about for now. Or so he thought. He gripped his steering until he felt like his fingers would break off. Dark chestnut eyes narrowed and his brows knitted forward as he scanned the pictures. Tori's arms were wrapped around another man, a smile played along her lip. In the second photo Carter could see the man clearly, it's that Dominic kid.

Who is this? Carter replied to the unknown number.

Mary. The number responded.

Of course it's Mary, Mary!

Mary has two photos of what looks like Victoria having an affair. Carter knows Mary will catch on eventually, he needs to get to her quickly.

"Look who it is." Mary joyfully remarked when Carter pushed through a group of interns.

"Mary let me see your phone." The CEO ordered in a rushed tone.

Confused by his request, Mary lays her phone in Carter's hand quickly.

"What are you doi-" Mary's eyes grew wide as Carter's hand clenched tighter around her slim phone. "Carter no." She screamed but it was too late, he had crushed her phone in his massive strong hands.

"I need a moment alone with my fiancé." Carters words were directed towards Dominic and Mary, but his eyes burned into Tori's. His chestnut orbs hadn't left her face the whole time he had been there. "I said leave. Now." He yelled chef louder to the blonde woman and dark haired boy.

Without taking another glance around Carter pulled Tori into his office, slamming the door and locking before turning back around to her.

"What was that shit?" His voice was low, so very low. He grabbed her face gently between his finger, careful enough to show her he's not going to harm her, he just wants an explanation.

"Mary made it out to be something it wasn't." Tori's eyes were clouded with an expression Carter just couldn't read. "Dominic has a boyfriend."

As soon as the words fell from Tori's lips, Carter felt himself relax.

"You." She poked his chest hard. He stood tall waiting for the rest of her response, his eyes holding her in place. "Have a shit ton of explaining to do."