51

"Where's Victoria?" Carter barked at his younger brother, who was directing people out the front door to safety.

"She's playing hero." David narrowed his eyes as his words came out in anger. "I couldn't stop her or we would both probably be dead. She did a smart thing, I just wish it wasn't her."

The younger brother sounded lost and upset as he told his brother what happened. His heart felt heavy and broken at thr thought of Carter's wife possibly getting shot. She's the only woman that he's seen Carter actually take interest in.

"I need to find her."

David laid his hand on Carter's shoulder. "You do that, I'll lead these people out. Be careful."

The older brother nodded before running off.

*********

"Where'd you go you little bitch?" The scrawny man hissed as he walked around in a dark room. He saw her run in here, where the hell could she have gone? The light switch on wall doesn't seem to work, so he's stuck in the dark trying to find her.

"I could kill you, you know." A female's voice echoed through the room. "I have your gun, while you have nothing."

The man growled in anger as he slammed his hand against the cold, metal cabinet.

"You don't know that." He yelled. "I could have another gun on me."

A small giggle boomed around him. "You don't have another gun."

How can she possibly know that? She called out his bluff, he doesn't have another gun.

"And this one's only got three bullets, let's make em count."

He stood confused, until a loud bang burst his ears. His eyes followed the noise, only to see darkness.

"Oops, I missed. I'll try again."

Once more, a loud bang erupted through the room. The man covered his ears to blocked out the sound. With in seconds he felt like someone had shot him. Allowing his eyes to trail down to his leg, his fears her confirmed. He had been shot!

"You little fuck." He roared as he held his thigh while falling to the ground.

"Looks like there's only one left." The beautiful woman's voice came closer to him.

He peered up through his hands to look at the face of his shooter. She's beautiful, but the look on her face sends chills down her spine. Her eyes were narrowed down at the man while the barrel of the gun was only inches away from his face.

"I could shoot you here and end it all."

"Victoria." A very familiar voice yelled from the open door. "Victoria, don't. Put the gun down."

"Carter?" Her eyes never left the skinny man shaking on the ground.

"Please, put the gun down." He ordered gently.

Making his way towards her, he stuck out his hand and laid it gently on hers.

"Give it to me, please."

Without hesitation she did as she was told. Handing him the gun slowly before back up. Carter held the gun in one hand, while he whipped out his infamous silver gun in the other.