23

"Thank you father." Carter throws his arm over Tori, turning her away from his goof of a father. "Dinner will be ready soon, lets go sit down."

Tori's doubt were more noticeable than she thought. Her fiancé rubbed his large hand against her small back, it was comforting and she felt like she needed to be comforted for a long time. She didn't say a word as she followed the beautiful man to a table in the front.

Tori felt her stomach drop as a beautiful light red haired woman approached them with a wide toothy smile. The woman was stunning, skin was a creamy porcelain tone, her red hair was bright and perfectly curled.

"You must be Victoria, I'm Jessy." The beautiful woman stopped beside Tori. Tori stuck out her hand with a smile. "Don't be silly." Jessy says and wraps her arms around the smaller red head. "I've heard so much about you, Carter's mom is very fond of you. I can see why to."

Tori shifted beside Carter uncomfortably, hoping he would take lead in the conversation.

"Jessy why don't you sit with us, I haven't seen you in a few years."

Jessy took the man up on his offer and sat next to Tori, the wide smile never leaving her face.

"How did you get such a beautiful girl?" Jessy rose an eyebrow at Carter, causing his fiancé to turn red.

Tori thought for sure this woman was going to be as bad as the mean blonde, Jessy's smile wasn't forced and it was a warm smile.

"How do you two know each other?" Tori spoke as she became more comfortable.

"I was his girl friend in college."

She looked for some sort of intention that could be hiding behind Jessy's sweet tone, but she couldn't find one. The pang Of jealously she felt for the porcelain doll sitting next to her disappeared just as fast as it appeared. Tori was convinced this woman was no threat.

"She asked you a question Victoria." Carters voice was low in hear ear.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you said." Tori apologized, clearly embarrassed.

"Don't apologize." Jessy's laugh was gentle and sweet. "I asked when is the wedding."

What's today? What month is it again? Tori's mind ran blank, she has no idea when her wedding will be. Will she even have a wedding, or will Carter just want something quick and simple.

"We were actually thinking about two weeks from now." Carter smiled down at the woman beside him. "Victoria you wouldn't mind if I invited Jessy to our wedding would you?"

A wedding? Carter wants a wedding?

"Of course not, we would love it if you came." Tori laid her small hand on top of Jessy's.

"I would love to come, I hope you don't mind if I invite my husband."

Every once of doubt Tori felt,vanished in thin air.

"No of course not."

********

Dessert was no served, and Tori was on her forth glass of champagne. She felt eyes on her all around, they were starring at the scars on her face. She just knows it.

"You look lovely tonight." Dakota smiles at Tori from across the table. Carter's mother felt for the small woman, she noticed people starring at Carter's fiancé.

"Thank you, so do you." Tori returns the compliment and smile.

This is the longest lunch party Tori has ever been to, the fanciest too. She mentally laughed at herself. Carter and the rest of Johnson's probably do this on a regular basis, that's what wealthy people do. They have money to spend on expensive parties like this. Tori offend wonder what it would be like to be rich, maybe then she would be able to pay her sister's bill.

Her mind was fuzzy, and felt heavy.

"Are you okay?" Carter whispered in her ear. His eyes scanned her face to make sure she was doing alright. Her cheeks were flushed red, her eyes glossed over. That's all he needed, to know she was buzzed. "I think it's time to go." He announced to his table. Carter's anger rose higher the longer they stayed. His anger was directed towards the snobby bitches who were starring at Tori whispering. He wanted to be mad at Tori for getting buzzed in front of his family, he found it pointless. Swiftly grabbing his soon to be wife's hand he pulled her away from the busy scene and stomped his way outside. If he would of stayed in there he would of cursed someone out, he doesn't need that kind of embarrassment.

"What's wrong?"

Her words were like fuel to his fire, what's wrong? How can she be so blind?

"Those snotty bitches in there that have a starring problem, that's what's wrong. Just get in the car so we can get the hell out of here."

She didn't obey his commands, and instead just stood there with a blank expression.

"Hello?" He clapped his hands to get her attention. "Get in the car so we can go please." He ordered once more after he caught her attention.

"You need to get use to this Carter." She hissed through her gritted teeth. "These are apart of me now."

"Yeah, no shit." He growls. His hands fly up in the air and land roughly in his hair as he tugs at it. The perfect slicked back chestnut color hair, was now messy and tossed around. "This isn't your fault, I'm sorry I'm just so pissed."

Taking the tall man by surprise, she interviewed her fingers in his hair and pulled his head down to meet hers. Tori's lips grazed Carter's waiting for permission to kiss him. He smashed his lips against hers roughly, he pushed her against the car gently never lifting his lips from hers. The itch in his crotch appeared just like it does everything he touches her. Their kiss was messy which only made him harder. He pulls his strength together and lifts his body weight off of her.

"Let's go." He smirks before opening her door.