An angel to a straner.

Dinner has been over for four hours now, Carter had been gone for three. Tori sighed as she laid on the couch with her feet crossed in the air. Her damp curly hair framed her face perfectly. She had taken a shower hoping that would make time go by quicker, but sadly it didn't. Before complete boredom could strike again her phone started to ring.

"Hello?" She answers quietly.

"Hey Tori, it's james." The voice on the other side of the phone spoke.

"Oh, hey." She laughed softly.

"I was wondering what you're doing the rest of the night."

"Im free the rest of the night. Car-". She stops herself. She remembers that James doesn't know about her and Carter. "Car shopping online, that's all."

"Would you like to go to the park or with me or something?"

Tori's heart started to beat so fast, it felt like it would jump out of her chest. She didn't know what to say. She's excited but at the same time, she doesn't know how Carter would feel about it.

No he wouldn't care. He had her sign a paper stating that she understands what this marriage will contain.

"I'm sorry, I-" James mumbled into the phone.

"No, I would love to." Tori says quickly.

"Great, I'll pick you up-"

"Actually, I have to do something first. So I'll just get a cab and meet you there."

There was dead silence on the other side of the phone. Tori was about to ask if he was still there when his voice came through.

"Yeah, that's fine I guess." His voice was laced with what sounded like annoyance.

"Alright. Meet you there at 10:30?" She asked quietly, trying not to annoy him any further.

"Yeah, see you there. I'll text you the address." He says before he hangs up.

*******

Carter pressed the cold steel barrel of his gun to the older mans temple. The older man began to quiver and cry.

"Please sir, I'll get your money please." Tears ran down the mans face as he pleaded.

Carter smiled devilishly.

"I gave you two extra weeks, I have never done that before. I don't take kindly to those who make me look like a fool." Carter's tone was dark, his voice alone sent the man into shock.

The quiet click from the gun sounded so much louder than what it really was in this damp cold room. Carter's rubbed the trigger slowly.

"I would say it was nice doing business with you." He told the man. "But if that were the case, we wouldn't be here."

"Clean this mess up." Carter told his men while cleaning the front of his gun.

The men followed their boss's orders and started to clean up the gruesome scene. Carter is a powerful man, and he won't let people forget that.

******

"This place is so beautiful James." Tori laid back to look up at the stars.

"You think so?" He laughed.

Tori couldn't see his face, but through the tone of his voice she could tell he was nervous.

"Yeah. I really do." She smiled widely.

An hour went by, but to Tori and James it felt like five minutes.

"I should get home." Tori hugs James as they both stand.

She let go of the handsome blue eyed man and turned to walk away.

"Tori wait." James grabbed her arm gently. "I had a really nice time tonight, and I would like to do it again. Only if you like though."

Tori stared in the blondes light blue eyes. She felt her cheeks turn many different shades of red.

"Yeah. I'd really like that." She smiles.

******

Tori decided to walk to the nearest bus stop, Carter didn't answer his phone, and that taxi guy was kinda weird. She could have sworn she heard foot steps behind her, but she quickly brushed it off when she saw no one behind her.

She only had a few more minutes until she reached the bus stop. A quiet click made her stop in her tracks. Slowly turning around confirming her fears, she froze.

"Give me your purse." The man aimed the small gun towards Tori's head. When she didn't comply he walked forward. "I said give me your purse damnit." He screamed.

Tori noticed the man shaking terribly. There's no way this man has done something like this before, sweat dripped of his pale face. She could smell the booze pouring off of him.

"Put the gun down sir." She tried to calm the man down. "I know you don't want to shoot me, and you don't have to. Just put the gun down and I can help you."

The man looked frightened, and panicked. He let go of the trigger and dropped the gun.

"You don't understand." He wailed, tugging at his hair. "I have to do this." He reaches for the gun again.

Tori walked forward before he could grab the small gun. She put her hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes.

"Other than wanting to shoot me, you seem like a good man. Tell me why you're doing this."

The man melted under the beautiful woman's touch. She sounds like she might actually care.

"My daughter, she's sick." He looked away from Tori. "I got fired three weeks ago and I can't find another job. My daughter needs medication and she can't get it." He looked Tori up and down. "You look like the type of woman who has a lot of money."

Tori dug in her purse and pulled out her wallet.

"This is all I have on me right now." She handed the man about two hundred dollars with out hesitation. "Your daughter needs this, take it."

The man was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe she just handed him money, after he held her at gun point. God sent him an angel tonight.

"Thank you so much. Thank you." He grabbed her hands tightly. "You're an angel."

Tori blushed at the nice comment.

"Now go back home, and go see your daughter."

The man nodded with a grateful smile and walked away.