Chapter Thirty Three - Right Place, Right Time.

'Come on Magnus, you can do this!' Magnus thought as he entered his kitchen letting the door swing shut behind him. He glanced behind him half expecting Alec to be stood behind him with a questioning look on his face, stubbornly awaiting an answer for Magnus's actions. He sighed and reached into his pocket to make sure that Alec's present was still there, it was. Magnus could hear the voices of the others echoing from the living room and he sighed again. He's have to return, Alec would need him and he needed to be brave and do this. Four little words, that's all he'd have to say. Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, Magnus re-entered the living room.

Isabelle held tightly onto Alec, he was trembling severely and he was chewing onto his bottom lip drawing blood. His blue eyes sparked with unshed tears. "Alec, calm down. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this." Isabelle said, shooting a pacing Jace a look which clearly read: 'Stop pacing now! You're scaring him!' Jace instantly stopped pacing and stood in front of Alec, "Isabelle is right," He said, "there's really nothing to worry about." Alec shook his head, a solitary tear trailed down his cheek, Isabelle whisked it away just as Magnus stepped out of the kitchen; Isabelle have Alec's hand a reassuring squeeze as Magnus drew closer. Jace stepped in front of Alec, protectively, a harsh glare on his face. "Jace." Alec whispered, "It's okay." Looking over his shoulder, Jace nodded and stepped to the side.

Alec looked up at Magnus, pain and confusion clear in his blue eyes. Magnus's heart lurched, 'Okay, Magnus. You can do this.' He thought as he reached into his pocket and dropped down onto one knee, Alec's eyes widened. Magnus pulled the black box from his pocket and opened it, Alec's face blushed scarlet. Under normal circumstances, Magnus would have preferred to do this alone when everyone had left. He and Alec hadn't even discussed getting married and now here he was on his knees holding out a black silk box with a silver ring set in the middle. There was even a possibility that Alec would say no, Magnus didn't think he could take it if Alec said no. He loved Alec too much.

Magnus glanced up, realising that he was supposed to be saying something to go with his actions, he fixed his eyes on Alec who was still too stunned to move. Everyone's eyes locked onto him as he began to speak, "Alexander Gideon Lightwood, would do me the esteemed honour... of marrying me." Isabelle gasped and clapped her hands together, a wide grin on her face as she glanced from Magnus to Alec. Alec swallowed, his eyes darting around the room - regarding the fact that everyone was now staring at him awaiting his answer with happy grins - before settling back onto Magnus.

*****

The room felt both hot and cold all of a sudden as Alec stared down at where Magnus was knelt on the floor. 'Oh my God, is he? I think... I want... oh God!' Alec thought, his opinions incoherently screaming to heard in his head, so loud he barely caught what Magnus was saying, "Alexander Gideon Lightwood, would do me the esteemed honour... of marrying me." Alec's eyes widened, 'He asked. I can't believe this. What do I want?' He thought.

'You know what you want.' His conscience replied.

'Yeah, I know that. I want to be with Magnus.' Alec thought.

'Then say yes.' His conscience argued.

Isabelle gasped and clapped her hands together, a wide grin on her face as glanced from Alec to Magnus. Alec swallowed, his eyes darting around the room - regarding the fact that everyone was now staring at him awaiting his answer with happy grins - before settling back onto Magnus. 'Okay. I know what I'm going to say.' Fixing his eyes on Magnus, Alec grinned brightly, "Yes Magnus. I will." Magnus grinned, tears shimmering in his eyes as he slipped the ring onto Alec's finger and stood up; Jace, Isabelle, Clary and Simon cheered and applauded as Magnus kissed Alec passionately on the lips. Isabelle stepped forward as soon as Magnus and Alec broke away for air, "I'm sorry Magnus but I'm going to steal your fiancé away from you for a minute. I hope that's okay?" She grabbed Alec by the wrist and propelled him towards Magnus's bathroom, shutting and locking the door behind her. She hurriedly sketched a Soundless rune on the door so that the others wouldn't hear them.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Alec!!!" She screamed, hoping up and down on the spot, Alec rolled his eyes at her. "Calm down Iz." He sighed, rolling his eyes again as she squealed and spun on the spot. "Your wedding is going to be so perfect!!! But just because you're marrying Magnus don't think I've forgotten about your punishment for making me worry so much." She said, seriously now.

"Oh no." Alec groaned.

"Oh yes!" Isabelle cried, standing with her back against the door so that Alec couldn't escape. "You will be the world's most glittery gay person besides from Magnus!"

"I'll look like a gay stereotype, Iz. No. Don't do it, please? Besides Magnus isn't gay. I quote: 'He is a freewheeling bisexual'." Alec laughed. Isabelle shook her head at her brother before pulling a whole bunch of glitter from her bag.

*****

Isabelle unlocked the bathroom door and led a sulking Alec out by the hand. "I hate you so much right now, Isabelle. I hope you know that." Alec grumbled, a scowl on his face.

"I love you so much Isabelle!!" Magnus yelled, running over to the two Lightwoods and hugging Isabelle, before turning his attention to Alec who was trying to shake the glitter from his hair. "Don't." Magnus ordered sternly, "It suits you."

"Ha ha!" Alec snapped sarcastically, "Very funny!" He rubbed at his eyelids trying to erase the smoky glittery eyeshadow Isabelle had placed there. Isabelle grinned over at him and he stuck his tongue out at her. "I'm not trying to be funny Alexander. I mean it." Magnus replied with a grin as Alec flushed scarlet. "How about we go for a walk?" Magnus whispered lowly so that only Alec would hear him.

"I'm not going out like this!" Alec muttered back, "If you got rid of it then... yeah."

Magnus sighed, "Fine! But I get to make you glittery three times a week!"

"Two!"

"Four!"

"Two, Magnus, and we don't go anywhere while I'm coated in glitter. Or no deal." Alec replied, Magnus sighed, kissing Alec's lips. "Fine. Two. You drive a hard bargain, Sweet Pea." He snapped his fingers and the glitter disappeared. "Let's go."

_______________________

A/N:

I'm dying of cuteness right now. Is anyone else suffering? (please don't let me be the only one!)

I grinned like a lunatic while writing this, I hope you will too.

The next chapter will be the... EPILOGUE!!!! (NO!!!) I'm so sad it's ending. :( But happy it has a happy ending! :)

Does anyone think I should write a sequel after this? Let me know. :)