Chapter Sixteen - Rescue Me.

He crept like a shadow, creeping around the outside of the London Institute. The night was beginning to fade, he would have to act fast. His dark eyes flicked from left to right as he scoured the courtyard of the Institute. A flicker of movement came from his left side. There! He'd found her! The girl he'd been warned about Jessamine Lovelace, whose ghost worked on protecting the grounds around the Institute, protecting those inside from harm. He'd have to take her out first, if he could get demon blood into her system it would leave her unconscious for a while. But getting it in her was the problem, he scouted around the outside of the gates keeping to the shadows shielding his bright hair from the harsh silver glare of the moon which would be sure to illuminate it. His dug a sharp fingernail into the palm of his hand, blood beading from the shallow cut, he held his pale hand out over the ground and let the drops of blood drip into the grass as he muttered, his words as quiet as a breeze: "Lilith, mother of the earth, aid me - your son - in this battle. The demons will rise as I did once before, I will resurrect you. Thine blood is strong and will prevail."

The shadows weren't shadows anymore, eyes glinted and fangs snapped in the moonlight, the air was filled with a foul stench - demons. Sebastian grinned, the smile wolffish and entirely inhuman. Now things were going to get fun! His heart raised with adrenaline, as another idea popped into his head, 'If I can get a demon to scratch her with its talons, she'll have to wait until the next night to be able to regenerate from her injuries.' Even ghosts had a weakness and Sebastian had studied up on them long enough to discover everything he'd needed to know. He motioned to a few demons and spoke in demon tongue, telling them to scout around the outside and not to be spotted, they followed his orders instantly. Next he clawed at his own arm and face, until the cuts were raw and bleeding profusely, dripping onto his clothes. He put on a fake limp and a scared expression and limp/ran towards Jessamine.

Jessamine turned, startled as a white haired boy reached her, his dark eyes wild with fear. "Please..." He panted, "Please... help... me..." It was then that she took in his wounds, his pale face informing her that he had probably lost a lot of blood, her eyes scanned him noticing the limp instantly. "You have the Sight?" She asked, staring at him as he caught a light hold of her wrist, he held out a hand showing a thick black Clairvoyant rune on the back of his hand. "Shadowhunter." He whispered, "Please help..." Her eyes scanned the shadows of the night, he could hear her heart rate quicken. He was scaring her. "What is it?" She asked, "Why are you alone?"

"My family... they're dead..." He whispered, shaking his head with sorrow.

"How?" Jessamine demanded.

"Demons." He breathed, dropping on his knees to the floor as the demons flooded out from the shadows.

"Shadowhunter." He whispered, "Please help..." Her eyes scanned the shadows of the night, he could hear her heart rate quicken. He was scaring her. "What is it?" She asked, "Why are you alone?"

"My family... they're dead..." He whispered, shaking his head with sorrow. 'All except my sister.' He thought.

"How?" Jessamine demanded.

"Demons." He breathed, dropping on his knees to the floor as the demons flooded out from the shadows. Sebastian smirked, the smile hidden as he pretended to collapse. The girl gasped, and her heart quickened even more. 'Yes. Be afraid. You're smart to be afraid. I bring destruction and death!' He thought, slowly climbing to his feet, his movements hidden as the girl attempted to withhold the onslaught of demons. Sebastian stood, the smirk clear on his face for Jessamine to see. "What on the Angel?!" She demanded.

"I'm sorry my dear Lady," Sebastian drawled, "but you believed too easily. Were deceived so clearly. All you saw was an injured scared boy, not the Devil inside." He smiled, motioning the two demons he'd sent to scout around the outside to come forth.