| Chapter Five | The General's Injury

Start from the beginning

"Alright, I'll keep an eye on him and let you know." She said. Linda smiles.

"Thanks." She said before she gets off the wagon. Ian looks at Vega.

"You think the general is hurt?" Ian asked. Vega nods.

"It's possible, he once fractured his wrist and forgot to tell us until Prince Tyler saw his hand was swollen," Vega said. Ian looked at her confused.

"How do you forget to--"

"I have freaking clue." She said looking at him. "To be completely honest I wouldn't be surprised if his leg was broken and he was just walking it off. He tends to act like injuries don't exist for him. But when someone else is injured, he tells them to go to the infirmary for it." Ian smiled a bit. Vega looked down at Sky, she notices his eyes opening up, she gently puts her hands on his shoulders, taking up his view. Sky turned his head slightly, groaning.

"How are you feeling, Sky? Any better?" She asked. Sky's eyes opened up, blinking a bit to look at her.

"Y-Yeah...just tired." He mumbled, she smiled a bit.

"You sound a lot better." She said. Sky's eyes looked around.

"W-Where are we? W-What's going on?" Sky asked. Vega laid him back down when he tried to get up.

"No, no. Stay down, you are still hurt." She said. Sky looked at her, she could see the worry and confusion in his eyes, she wanted to tell him what happened but she knows that his body can't take the stress or worry when it already has so much piled against it. It would make his condition worse if she told him. "You need to heal first, then we'll tell you everything." Sky laid down, looking at her.

But outside, Jordan and they were talking. Jordan sat on a rock, listening. Linda looked at Jordan.

"So you have a plan?" She asked as everyone else looked at her. Jordan shook his head.

"Not a damn one, let's just wing it," Jordan said.

"How is THAT a plan? Aren't you suppose to be the best general around?!" A crew member shouted. Jordan looked at them.

"What's your name again?" He asked.

"Noah, Noah Craft." They said. Jordan looked away from Noah.

"Sometimes the best plan are the ones that aren't planned at all. Sometimes there are too many variables and too many different outcomes to incorporate with a plan that it becomes to messy and confusing. But our goal is to bring the Prince back alive." Jordan said.  They all nod agreeing, Jordan's eyes looked at Noah. The sailor wasn't like any sailor that you would see, he looked more like a regular citizen mixed with some pirate aspects dressed with a green jacket, headphones and brown eyes with brown hair. The Prince's crew have been called pirates before, sometimes the Prince is called a pirate since he is sea so much. His crew acts and almost looks like a pirate crew as well, they tend to be more lighthearted and free-willed than any other crew since their Captain, the Prince, doesn't care for formalities. Jordan's eyes look at Linda. "Say one of us went into town to locate the Prince's whereabouts disguised as a Skaldian soldier."

"Okay, but how are we getting a uniform? They aren't exactly sold in stores." Noah pointed out. Jordan smiled a bit.

"I'll get the uniform. We need to go out in the cover of night, it is easier for us to hide in the village, and due to the burning, we can inside the houses. I want to free the village but we can't do that until we get the Prince out of there so they don't have leverage against us. Meaning we need to get a man in there." Jordan said.

"It should be you, general. You are more skilled in combat then we are." A crew member said. Jordan shakes his head.

"No, I'm too well known, I'll be recognized instantly. Linda can't do it because she is a woman and women aren't allowed in the Skaldian military." Jordan said. Linda scoffed.

"Well, that's stupid as hell," Linda grumbled. Jordan's eyes shifted over to Mac, Mac met his eyes shaking his head.

"No, no way--"

"I didn't say anything. It is whoever fits in the uniform, which I'll go get right now since it is getting dark." Jordan said standing up.

"Do you need help?" Noah asked. Jordan shakes his head, he pulls his hood up.

"No. Mac, Noah, you both come with me, once I get it, Mac, you have to take their place immediately or they'll get suspicious," Jordan said.

"Okay," Mac mumbled following Jordan out, Noh as well.

Hazia was in a meadow by the mountains, so the three stay low to the ground, hiding in the tall grass as they approached the village. Skaldian guards surrounded it. Jordan bites his bottom lip, staring at one of the guards who were at the perimeter of the village. Mac and Noah followed him, interested honestly, they all haven't ever seen the general in action at all, no one has except for the on-ground forces and the crew are the sea forces.

"What you gonna do?" Mac whispered.

"Shh." Jordan hushed. The darkness ascended quickly over them, making it easier to hide. "Stay here." Mac nods, he watched the general go ahead, disappearing in the grass from his view, but he can see the tall grass moving on the surface. Mac looked at Noah. It was about two minutes before they saw a guard get yanked to the ground. They both went ahead hearing Jordan's voice, he stopped when he saw a knife in the guard's forehead, his eyes widen a bit at it, he looked at Jordan. Jordan was taking off their clothes and tossing it at Mac.

"You stabbed him in the head--"

"He was struggling too much, I was just gonna snap his neck but he fought against me. Either way, he was gonna end up dead." Jordan said. Jordan looked at Mac. "Stop being a baby and take off your Estron gear and put this on. Noah, start heading back, tell Linda we'll come back." Noah nods and starts going asJordan turned around, looking around, but it was that turning motion that made his leg give in. "F*ck!" Jordan yelped as he hit the ground, Mac looking at him, he went over to Jordan. Noah looked at them too.

"What happened?!" He asked as he helped Jordan sit up. Mac looked at Noah. "Go! Go!" Noah leaves, and spears pointed at the General, the two surrounded by Skaldian troops. Jordan gripped his thigh, gritting his teeth as the pain pulsated. A spear lifts up Jordan's hood and pushed it back. The soldier smiles.

"Our king has been looking for you, Major General Maron."