Chapter 71

Tris

When I come back from the pit, where I helped Christina and Marlene oversee the election process, Tobias is already waiting for me in my apartment.

"Hi, what a nice surprise," I say as I see him lying on my bed.

"I figured you'd come here first, so I decided to wait here instead of my apartment."

"So impatient to see me?" I grin as I slip out of my shoes.

"Damn impatient," he replies and sits up.

I walk over to him and sit down on his lap, facing him.

"Oh, I can feel just how damn impatient you are," I smirk.

"Can you, hm?"

He wraps an arm around me and pulls me against him with his hand on the small of my back, and I can only nod. He slowly leans in to kiss me, but just inches before our lips touch, he turns and trails his open mouth along my jaw to my ear and from there to the side of my neck. His lips ghost over my skin while his hot breath increases my need for real kisses. I press my core against him, but his mouth stays lingering softly over my skin as he moves it up to my ear again.

"Impatient yourself?" he breathes.

"Just a little," I whisper, but I know my rapid breathing is giving me away.

"Just a little? Want me to go on teasing you?"

He nibbles on my earlobe with his lips, not his teeth, and it's still so gentle.

Two can play at this game.

I push his torso down until he's lying under me and run my hands up his arms until I reach his hands. I intertwine my fingers with his and push his hands into the mattress beside his head as I lean down above him. My mouth is close enough to his to breathe the same air, but not touching. I let go of his hand with my right one and stroke down over his arm and chest and then down between our bodies.

His breathing hitches as I reach his pants and press my palm onto the bulge I feel. He raises his head from the mattress and tries to steal a kiss, but I don't let him. Instead, I ease my pressure on him and slowly open the buttons of his pants one by one. I slip my hand inside his briefs and run it along his length teasingly.

"Tris," he groans, a sparkle in his eyes.

"What?" I ask innocently, relishing in my power.

"That's enough teasing," he says.

I squeal in surprise when he turns us around faster than I can process. Suddenly I'm lying under him, trapped by his full weight on me, but all my body can concentrate on is where his hardness presses against me. I buckle my hips against his intuitively, and we begin rubbing our bodies against each other's while our hands reach under our clothes in search of naked skin.

An insistent knock on the door kills the mood from one second to the next, and we both freeze.

"Tris? Four? If you're in there, please open the door! It's important!" Shauna shouts, her voice muffled by the door. This is the worst moment to disturb us, I swear it is. "Jack Kang called. He is going to pronounce the sentences on Jeanine, Eric and Max in a few minutes. We all went looking for you, you sure wouldn't want to miss it, wouldn't you?"

"Damn!" Tobias mutters and starts to get up. "We're coming! Give us a minute!" he shouts.

"Worst moment of all," I mumble as I comb my hair with my fingers and then tie it back into a high ponytail.