Chapter 55

Thank you for the positive feedback and votes on the last chapter. It means a lot to me.

That said, I have to say that I probably won't have current internet access during the next two months, so when it takes me a while to reply to comments or pm's, it's because of that, not because I'm not interested or don't appreciate to communicate with you.

So here goes the next chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tobias

I step out of the hot shower I took to warm up after sneaking back into Dauntless in my still wet clothes. Although Tris and I dozed off after our mind-blowing sex and only woke up when it had already started to get dark outside, it hadn't been enough time for our clothes to dry.

My thoughts circle around our afternoon.

I kiss the top of Tris' head that is resting on my chest and listen to her steady breathing while she's asleep.

I'm still amazed by the experience we shared. This was so different to the two times we did it before. There was the same love in it, but the passion was multiplied by — well, I can't decide by how much.

There's the widest grin on my face as I remember how Tris moved under me as she came. And I can't help being proud that I could make her feel that way - that I can make her feel that way, actually. I want to repeat this a million more times. The world should just be her and me and an apartment with a fridge full of food, so that there'd be no reason for us to ever dress and leave.

I let my thoughts run wild while I hold Tris close to me.

It takes a while until she stirs and wakes up, and when she props her chin on my chest and looks at me, she wears the same grin that I do.

"Hey handsome," she says, her voice hoarse from sleeping.

"Hey beautiful. You've been asleep for a while. Something must have made you tired," I tease and raise my head to plant a kiss on her forehead.

For just a moment, she looks down. But her eyes are back up on mine as she replies with a mischievous grin, "If only I could remember what it was."

"Let me help you remember," I whisper seductively and flip us around. Tris gasps, not expecting this sudden move.

"Tobias, what are you doing?" she half chuckles, half sighs as I attack her neck with kisses, following her collarbone to her raven tattoos.

After that, I bring myself face to face again with her. "I'm refreshing your memory," I murmur against her lips before claiming her mouth.

Our breathing increases with our lust, and I kiss and lick my way down Tris' body. I want to feel this rush of love and desire, of trust and power, again, and I want to end what I'd started.

"Let me make you soar again," I breathe against her skin as I kiss down over her abdomen.

She doesn't say anything, and she doesn't have to. Her moan and the parting of her legs are answer enough. I love her new eagerness.

This time, I kiss and lick my way up along the inside of her thighs, getting closer to where she obviously wants to feel my mouth again. Her fingers tangle in my hair as soon as she can reach me, and I smile against her as I realize where she directs me with her hands.

"Can't wait?" I ask, momentarily taking my lips off her heated skin. But I know she can still feel my breath.

"I'm done waiting, we've been waiting for so long already," she breathes, the longing in her voice unmistakable as she pulls on my hair.