Chapter 13

Tris

My heart leaps at the sound of Tobias' knock on my door. I have already unnecessarily cleaned the kitchen and bathroom just to keep me occupied while I was waiting for him.

I'm still nervous when I think of being alone with him in one of our apartments, but the nervousness is shifting in its tendency. It becomes less frightening and turns into a positive tension that makes my insides flutter and my palms sweaty. I trust him to respect me and, now that I'm sure he won't make us go faster than I want to, I can be more relaxed in his presence.

The moment he's inside I feel the air between us humming. I don't want to talk about any of our problems, don't want to worry about what I'm going to tell Christina when she comes over later, don't want to think about my insecurities for once.

Tobias looks me straight in the eye and I can literally feel his gaze creep inside me. He takes a step towards me and I'm attracted to him as if we were a pair of magnets. We enjoy the moment before our lips make contact and prolong it for a few seconds, building up the tension, until we can't hold back any longer and lock lips in a kiss that quickly grows fierce. I want to be skin on skin with him again like last night. As I begin to slowly walk backwards and pull him along with me, I remember to switch off the lights. There's only little light falling in through the window from outside now, and it's rather dark around us.

I stop walking when my legs hit the side of my bed. My hands sneak under Tobias' T-shirt, and the pattern of his muscles already feels familiar to my hands. He takes off his shirt himself, then turns us around and sits down on the edge of my bed while I'm still standing in front of him. He lays his hands on my hips and looks at me in the semi-darkness. Slowly, he begins moving them up the sides of my waist under my top. All the time he has his eyes on mine and it takes an effort to not avert my gaze. His hands travel up over my ribs, and he grazes the sides of my breasts through my bra with his thumbs. Despite the darkness I see him swallow. I don't know what it is about it, but every time I see him react unintentionally to me it leaves me longing for more.

I raise my arms when Tobias reaches my armpits, and he pulls my top up until it drops to the floor. He takes my hands in his and guides them around his neck, then closes his eyes as he lowers his head to plant kisses on my stomach. The sensation of his soft lips and his tickling breath in between his kisses sends shivers down my spine. My fingers play with the hair in his neck, and he moans when I grab it and pull on it gently. I run my hands down over his shoulders and get as close to him as I can.

Taking a deep breath, I climb onto his lap. He wraps his arms around my torso in slow motion and I shove closer to him as he holds me in his firm embrace, his hands roaming over my back. I feel him harden between my legs and move my hips against him. The friction causes feelings in me I didn't know I could have.

With our foreheads touching we share the air we're breathing. When Tobias moves his head to the side of mine and starts kissing the skin behind my ear, a moan escapes my mouth. I try to stifle it, but without success.

"Don't hold back. Please don't," I hear Tobias whisper in my ear, his breath tickling me, and his voice sounds more throaty than usual. "It's sexy to hear you moan."

Now I can feel his grin as he nibbles at my earlobe, producing goosebumps on my neck. I sense another moan building in my throat, and it's difficult to try to not keep it there and swallow it.

Tobias continues kissing my ear and neck, then kisses his way over to the other side along my collarbones. He uses his tongue now, too, and sometime during the next minutes I forget about feeling embarrassed and try to let go of my shyness.