Chapter 25

[A/N] Bruce Wayne is Batman..

-s roommate!! 😵

Sorry for being late with this, haha. I've been busy af. I'm not very good at keeping up with everything but I will finish this book! It's a promise 💕

_______________________

Your pov

I can't believe it. I've found Batman and Robin.
That's why Damian is full of scars.. this is why Bruce is always busy and..
This must be why Damian is sent away somehow.
It also connects to why Tim is Red Robin.. not a very original name, but still.

I need to know more.. but.. that will feel like betrayal.
But Damian.. Damian kept it away from me all along.
I don't want to be here anymore.
With tears in my eyes, I quickly turn around to run out but as I did, I saw Alfred standing in my way.

"Dinner is ready, miss [l/n]"
He said casually.
He didn't even seem angry at me from sneaking in here but.. how the hell didn't I hear him come?
"I'm so sorry Alfred.. I didn't mean to go in here and I understand I'm not supposed to know."
He just looked around with a straight face, then back at me.
"Here where?" He said with a wink.
I get it now.. this sneaky old man.
"It was you! You left the door at verge.. and the clock-"
He interrupts me.
"Yes, and I think it was time for you to know. Master Bruce isn't very good at letting in people to his life. It felt like yesterday when I did the exact thing with master Richard"

"W-wait. Dick too?" My jaw dropped.
"Yes miss, all four of them has taken this persona as Batman's companion. Now I fear that master Bruce won't let Robin come home.. unless you learn the way of what it means to be Batman."
He signalled me to follow him to the last capsule.
It's dusty.. seems like no one had touched it in years.
I reach my hand to swipe the dust away... only to see a cowl.. just like the one Batman wears.
"Miss Brown did a good job as the last batgirl. Before her was the commissioner's Daughter, Miss Barbara Gordon. You're the next one, if you wish."
I'm in shock. This is better than I could ever imagine, a dream come true.
I can be with Damian, help him out there and do good, but..
"What would Bruce say?"
I looked over to Alfred with worry and confusion.
"Bruce have no saying from it. Batgirl is independent, fierce and stubborn, just like you. Besides, I'm the one to blame now and he wouldn't even dare to fire me."

I gave Alfred the biggest hug, thanking him over and over.
He patted my head while typing a code which made the glass slide up.
Now I saw the full costume.
Midnightblack and a yellow batsymbol over the chest. I walk closer to it, taking in all the details.
"This was originally Miss Gordon's. It needs some modifications but I have a contact at Wayne Enterprises who can fix that."
I lift the cape up and touch the leathery fabric between my fingers, letting it go and watched it glide back to it's place.
"I don't know what to say... It's truely magnificent but.. do we tell them?" I asked quietly.
"Not master Bruce.. but master Tim agreed to train you.
I turn back to Alfred
"Tim knows!?"
"It was his idea from the beginning"
He closed the glass door again.
"Now, we can't let the dinner get cold, shall we?"
I followed him up, processing everything that just happened.
Damian is Robin, everyone here is basically some sort of superhero..

and I'm the next Batgirl.