Chapter 13

Your pov

The class was almost over. The day wasn't that exiting as I hoped for.
I was about to meet Damian up before lunch and took Bart with me.
Now that I have a friend it's so much easier to not cling around him.
Bart is enthusiastic and very kind.
He helped me with all possible things from finding right directions to taking notes in class.

Finally I saw Damian down the corridor with a taller guy and.. of course, the blonde girl and her minions.
"Let's avoid them" I whispered to Bart by pushing him to a crowd of students.
"But I've always wanted to talk to Maddie"
"Who?"
"Madeleine Tanner. She's like the hottest girl in school, but she only talks to rich kids or badboys"
"And you are neither so let's avoid her"
Suddenly a tall guy stood in front of me.
"You're blocking my way!" I was irritated.

"I found her!" He shouted to the group, making way for me to come and chat with them. I grabbed Bart by the arm. Damn him if he let go now.

I looked nervously around "Hi Damian, who are these people?"
"Let me introduce me first!" The tall boy interrupted.
"My name is Jon. This is Maddie"
She avoided eye contact.
"And there are the twins, Henry and Kylie." They acted overly friendly when they greeted.. like high school musical-creep friendly.
"And there we have Maddie's bestie, Alyssa and her boyfriend Zack"
Alyssa looked just as beautiful as Maddie but acted nicer. Zack looked like he hadn't slept in days. He just nodded.

Damian looked at Bart really weird, then I realized I still held his arm from dragging him along. I let go immediately.
"Uhm hi! I'm [y/n]. I transferred here from [y/p]. Bart was just about to show me around since we are in the same class"
Everyone seemed to enjoy our chat except for Maddie and Damian.
She looked uninterrested and Damian.. He still glared at Bart like hell.

Damian's pov

I want to be the one who touches her. This is unfair. She can't think he is better than me, cause he isn't. Damn.. I want to hit him in the face..

"Damian, are you okay?" Jon whispered carefully.
I jumped a little. I think I was staring.. Fuck.
"Yeah, I'm just hungry"
I felt [y/n]'s eyes on me. I think she noticed.. shit.
Luckily, we got cut of by an energic Jon who didn't want to see his friends starve.

*time skip to lunch

Your pov

The table was filled and Bart seemed to belong in this group. Me on the other hand, felt really awkward.
I also learned that Jon wasn't rich or spoiled. He lived on a farm with his parents and Damian and he were best friends for a long time.
In fact, his whole family knew the Waynes.
A lot of people here weren't only from Gotham either. Bart lives in Central City and Jon lives in Metropolis.

The only rich citizens were Maddie, the twins, and of course Damian. Maddie had a huge crush on my boyfriend which was obvious. I wonder if he's aware of that.
Kylie and Alyssa seemed to adore Maddie in all ways.
Zack slept the most of the time and Henry.. wasn't the sharpest.
Maddie uses him to get whatever she wants. He is buff like a bodyguard and scare the creeps away but he's easy to manipulate.

Damian didn't seem to talk to anyone except Jon, and Jon talked to everyone. He is a kind soul.

"Oh, Dami-boo. Taking someone to the charity gala yet? My dad bought a new dress with real Diamonds"
Maddie took a seat beside mr. Stoneface.
"You know I don't like dancing, Tanner"
"I don't get you Wayne-boys. You're all so mysterious"
"Yeah, and fucks around. Like a lot" Zack added in.
I sharpened my ears at that comment.
"I bet Damian tapped everyone except you, Maddie" Kylie added with a giggle.
"Means I'm worth something, don't you think?" Maddie replied and took a big bite of an apple. "He's saving the best to last"

I felt a hole in my stomach. Is it true? I will break if it happens again. The only part I hate about love is being vonaruble to heartbreaks.
"I'm not going with you to the gala, Maddie. Besides, Tim wanted to ask you."
"Really?" She replied while picking up her phone. She went out to call him.
"That will shut her up for a while" he said before eating up.

He didn't even look at me, not even on the way home from school. He went straight to the training room.
I got in to the bath, trying to wash off the day. I was thinking about what the others talked about him being a player.

Should I trust that he loves me or am I just a fool for doing so? I don't know anymore