Chapter 25📷 Lady and the Spaz

A night with Jax was exactly what I needed. Milo was back. There were no more secrets. No more fears. No more Aiden. For the first time ever everything was orbiting perfectly around me. All was right in my world. Jax insisted we needed matching outfits for our night on the town. In honor of my engagement, he insisted I wear a white dress. The halter top dress was yet again more than I cared for, at first.

I examined myself in the mirror after putting it on, finding myself awed. The dress itself was covered in lace with tiny silver rhinestones periodically placed to give it some glamour. Starting at the hips a shimmering, blush pink tulle overlay flowed behind, stopping just above my heels. The band of the overlay wrapped around my waist and was covered in the same rhinestones as the dress. I topped it off with pearly white opened toe strap heels, my charm bracelet and a pearl necklace that belonged to my grandma Katherine. I wanted her to be a part of the moment.

Exiting my bedroom, I found Jax in a black tuxedo. However, it wasn't simply a black tuxedo. The lapels were outlined in the same silver rhinestones. His shirt was made from the same material as my dress except he left the bling off. Peeking out of the pocket was a thin layer of the tulle.

"Smoking!" I told him, following with a whistle.

"Thank you! Thank you!" He bowed before turning in a circle. "And you look stunning!"

Jax rotated me to get a better look. "You did a great job, Jax. Thank you."

He pulled my hand to his face and sighed. "It would be perfect if Milo actually got you a ring."

Jax absolutely adored the way his beefcake proposed, but he was not thrilled a real ring didn't follow the charm. I kept explaining he had a special ring that he was trying to get his hands on but Jax retorted with a reminder that Milo could afford a temporary.

"You ready to get this party started?" I asked, tucking Aspen into my purse. Jax jerked his head side to side like he was trying to glance at someone behind me. I don't know why, but I looked over my shoulder, expecting someone to actually be there. My eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"What?" I asked.

"I was looking for the person you were talking to."

"I was talking to you."

"Have you already started drinking?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"No. Why?"

"Because...Sober Laynie would know I'm always ready to party!" Jax waggled his eyebrows before he grabbed my hand and drug me behind him as he raced out the door. When we left our building a limo was waiting for us. Jax bowed and placed a kiss on my hand before he helped me in.

"So what's on the agenda?" I asked, scooting in the seat to let him in.

Jax draped an arm over my shoulder and clicked his tongue. "Can't your ass just enjoy the ride? I don't recall you asking so many questions before tonight."

"Fine." I huffed. "Answer me this carrot cake, why are you so damn bossy?!"

"First off, just no...you're not allowed to call me that. That's mine and Milo's thing. In fact, it's our only thing and I refused to let you take that from me."

My head involuntarily fell back in a storm of laughter. "Why can I call him beefcakes but I can't call you-"

Jax shoved a finger to my lips halting my words. "Bitch what did I just say?!"

"Okay, I get it. It's off limits." I tossed my hands up, submitting to his order. "But you still owe me two answers."

"Answer number one, I want everyone to call him beefcakes because every time your sexy ass fiancee hears it his cheeks and the tip of his cute nose turn red. I love it!"