Chapter 14📷 Squeamish

By the time we arrived at the cabin my legs had gone stiff. I was in so much pain I thought I was about to puke all over the mysterious Steins glossy black shoes as he helped me out of the car. I don't know if it was from the blood loss, blow to the head or the pain, but when my feet hit the ground I nearly joined them. The stranger swiftly lifted me into his arms and headed to the house, pausing to look back at Jax and Mula. As Jax made it to our side, he glanced at my pinky. Turning green, he began gagging, pushing the door open.

"Mi-uck-lo. We- urk- need- he-ah-lp" Jax turned his head away, pulling a hand to his mouth. His bloodshot eyes were draining tears from his dry heaving.

"This should be good." Kace laughed, stepping down the single step leading to the kitchen.

"What the hell!" Milo yelled, rushing to me, pulling me from his relative. After placing me on the couch, he turned to face the man. "What the fuck happened to her, Archie?"

"Mula gave her a run for her money that's what. You should take better care of your lover, brother."

I had no clue Milo had a brother. Four years and never once did I see or hear anything about a brother. I was aware he had a sister so why not talk about Archie? I was confused. However, I was in serious need of disinfecting my wounds. I looked over my legs, noticing the road had destroyed my favorite jeans. Sighing, I swung my legs off the couch. "I need to clean all of these," I told them. "Jax, can you help me?"

His pale skin turned transparent as he looked at my hand. "Doll, I love you, but no mother fucking way." He spat out before his dry heaving resumed. Milo seemed offended by my choice of assistant. Picking up on some serious tension between the two, I was trying to give them privacy.

"I'll help you." He said, assessing the extent of my injuries. "What did you hit your head on?"

Archie cleared his throat nervously. "That was my bad...I hit her with my car door." Even though that wasn't what happened, the visible anger seeping off my sweetheart had my mouth sealed tight. I had never seen him angry. I had seen frustration and disappointment, but never rage. Honestly, I was a bit turned on by it. Each time his nostrils flared my heart matched them. Gazing over his scowl, made me squirm in place. Thankfully there were people to keep my urges at bay. Feeling the blood dripping onto my pants and sliding down the side of my face, I awkwardly cleared my throat. Milo's face instantly softened as his eyes found mine.

He carried me to the kitchen and dropped me onto the counter. He moved to a cabinet on the other side of the room, pulling out a basket of first aid supplies. Milo chuckled at my expression. There was a serious amount of medical items in the basket. "When we all get together... Any activity... could end with bloodshed." He told me, setting it down next to me.

That was just my luck. I had a horrible track record for staying out of harm's way during Christmas and I inadvertently trapped myself in a house with high-class brawlers. I kept my eyes trained on his face, watching him in silence as he ran a wet rag over my face. Cleaning the blood off, he sighed.

"I know you're confused about Archie. I'm sorry I never mentioned him." I was indeed confused. Yet I wasn't going to push him. I had no right to. I was still keeping things from him. It would be hypocritical for me to demand answers. I wasn't sure how to respond without drilling him so I continued to watch his expressions to try and fill in the blanks. Milo's eyes flicked back and forth between mine.

"Have you ever wondered why Cassandra left me?" He asked. "No." His head shifted back slightly at my response, making me realize I needed to elaborate.

" It wasn't meant to be. That's all I needed to know. Although, now that you mention it. It does seem odd that she would let go of a man like you. I can hardly imagine there is anyone better than you." Without hesitation, he kissed me passionately, clearly pleased with my words. Moving away, Milo picked up where he left off, dabbing a cotton ball drenched in peroxide to the gash by my hairline.